The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

• Members
3 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Laura got me a fresh load of ODDSocks for Saint Nicholas Day:
(so far, proud owner of appr. 20 pair of them...)

5K6E3I6.jpg

SbpvWQi.jpg

KdJ5NfW.jpg

A gift to myself:
(Happy retirement, iPhone! Hello Samsung!)

kW0e5LO.jpg

Ditched my iPhone for Galaxy S9 Note, awesome phone, love it!

• Like 5

Not for me, I just paid for it:

IMG_20181206_143931-L.jpg

It's the birthday present for our youngest son when he turns 6 in April.

https://spawncycles.com/raiju-20

Not the cheapest option but he loves riding so much and he's been on hand me down bikes from his brother I thought he deserved one that wasn't just new to him. I think his mind will explode when he sees this.

Carl

• Like 4

• Administrators

Me I’ve been on a pistol kick lately. No clue why, but when I was shopping for a target pistol for Joy, I saw a CZ Shadow 2 competition pistol.  The sales guy said everyone so far who held one bought one.  I’m here to say he wasn’t kidding.  :-/

Now I can get back into competitive handgunning. Yeah, another hobby.  LOL!

stock pic, but this is it. 9mm competition pistol molded perfectly to my hand.  It weighs over 3 lbs empty! But that means it’s rock steady on a pistol course.  Not exactly a defensive gun. But a very, very good match gun.

0296E6EA-5399-47B6-8750-267CE44737A6.png

• Like 6

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Nice, I like quality tools. Last week I treated myself with brand spanking new 10 inch table saw. Ridgid brand with relatively steady blade and solid frame, beefy slides and sweet, squared fence. Life is good :)

Agreed there, Martin.  The Shadow 2 is a precision instrument. Specialized competition sights, aggressive grips, a really light trigger, and perfect balance for competition.  Absolutely useless as a carry piece or fighting tool, but perfect for sanctioned competition.  The Czech factory team kicked butt last year with this exact same rig.

Hopefully I can get it to our range on the weekend and put some miles on it.  I think it’ll make me look good. :)

This is calling your name if you ever get down here...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

0296E6EA-5399-47B6-8750-267CE44737A6.png

Nice one! 
Sad reminder. Sort of...

I owned a collection of vintage military and police SIG P210 guns, also including a not-so-vintage P210 Supertarget. With our moving to NZ already in sight, I sold them all off to a fellow collector, shooter and hunting companion. Next Monday, I'm going to return my gun, ammo and hunting licenses. For the time being, I will have to resort to my bare (knife) hands and M18 Claymores to keep the Possums off my lawn in NZ.

• Like 3

Ernie that ceramic finish suits well to the colour of your eyes.

Ivan, careful with those Claymores so you won't obliterate the local population of hobbits.

Edit: I guess the hairy legs will be the only reminder of the unauthorized trespassers :)

• Like 2

• Administrators

Ivan the CZ.75 takes one feature from the Sig, an inside the frame slide. That alone makes it so much tighter and more accurate. 

The design has so many 1911 and Browning Hi Power features, but it’s got the added benefit of 60 years of learned technology since John Moses Browning designed those classics.  The Czechoslovaks certainly make good firearms. Not bad with airplanes, either.

• Like 2

I received these today, forgot all about them. Airscale 1/24 Allied Aircraft cockpit placards and a selection of 1/32 Swastikas. They left Hannants via Royal Air Mail, registered and signed for on 04/18/2018, arrived at my post office on 12/05/2018. They must have used the Concorde.

mail.jpg

• Like 6