The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

HOLY , John, THAT is VERY cool..... are you going to leave it like that or clean it up? If you 'clean' it up I wonder if that will mess with the integrity of the leather liner or the helmet itself?  VERY, VERY cool....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

HOLY , John, THAT is VERY cool..... are you going to leave it like that or clean it up? If you 'clean' it up I wonder if that will mess with the integrity of the leather liner or the helmet itself?  VERY, VERY cool....

It will stay "as dug up" Jeff. It goes well with two others I have in the same condition. :)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JohnB said:

It will stay "as dug up" Jeff. It goes well with two others I have in the same condition. :)

Perfect............ I totally get that....... still an incredible find.....where did it come from, ( if you don't want to say I understand) just curious, as I have always wanted to get into digging up history like that, how interesting... I'm intrigued ...............

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Perfect............ I totally get that....... still an incredible find.....where did it come from, ( if you don't want to say I understand) just curious, as I have always wanted to get into digging up history like that, how interesting... I'm intrigued ...............

Came from Latvia Jeff.

• Like 2

I'm gonna have to get my daughter in law to take a shovel next time she goes there, she is a Major ( I prefer Squadron Leader ) in the RCAF, and has gone there a few times for deployment.... cool beans

• Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 2:01 AM, GazzaS said:

I always wondered how the energy blasts from the x-wing, which normally shoot straight managed to make that sharp turn down the tubes....

Seems like in a production meeting, someone could have just rotated the port to 90 degrees.

• Like 3

The Family Guy version of Star Wars is quite funny regarding this port. Vader pulls the fact that it could be breached out of a subordinate then asks if they could just cover the hole with plywood. He then insists on getting a couple of estimates to have the work done.

• Like 5

Guest DannyVM

Delivered by the postman today. This is a PK 75 YUAF Flight Helmet which is a copy of the well known
french Flight Helmet Gueneau 316! The Type 1151 Oxygen Mask is a copy of the well known Ulmer 82!
The paint of the helmet is a tribute to the Voltige Victor aerobatic team!

ub3OvsSl.jpg

Mfe6riEl.jpg

MCRVFqal.jpg

AMz8Lopl.jpg

8ohNEhNl.jpg

Regards

Danny

That is pretty cool Danny. It looks like a brand new gear.

So Today I went to the local hobby store to pick up M8/M20 from Tamiya . The plane was to join Ryans build. Aaaand I failed miserably . I was looking at the box with a neat almost sterile picture of this vehicle and become bored. Just  no excitement whatsoever , you know guys that feeling when you look at something and the first impression is "how cool is that". In this case it was complete opposite, I has this mental image  of invasion forces pushing through Belgium and mud and tires and cigarets. And Tamiya 's box art just killed it for me.

Needless to say that Ryan ripple dog dear me  and it was hard to leave empty-handed , so I picked up this legendary automobile :)

IMG_0774.thumb.jpg.b30ba4a027dafd3b869dd4fa650c4a37.jpg

• Like 5

Just to clarify , it was a complete fluke . I was triplle-dog dared to build M20. Yet 20 years ago I took this picture in the Imperial War Museum and ever since I was looking for the reason not to build it. Weird , right? But then the SAS story, my own service and many different aspects of life ( Phil for instance) made me do it. 

IMG_0776.thumb.jpg.3afd5ec4be1c5215601897b70cde6250.jpg

• Like 5

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I guess that makes me a model starter then :D

That's based on what my bench looks like anyways. 

Carl

And I’ve been accused of being a kit hoar, uhh, I mean collector

• Like 4

Frankly after 4 glasses of Prosecco, I don't mind . I just spent two hours on IWM archives , looking into some weird, seemingly British stuff, realizing  that it is all about New Zealand guys.  

And Tamiya is lying to us.

• Like 5

Got some of the new plywood wood grain decals Proper Plane. They look very nice to me, not 'pixelated' in the printing, like some of the others I've tried.

It remains to be seen how they will behave when applied, but I'm already looking forward to be using these in my builds.

60240124_2453910497986351_78891490878265

Thumbs up, Proper Plane!

Cheers: Kent

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Frankly after 4 glasses of Prosecco, I don't mind . I just spent two hours on IWM archives , looking into some weird, seemingly British stuff, realizing  that it is all about New Zealand guys.  

And Tamiya is lying to us.

Indeed they may be. It would be cool if they actually announced a new release at the Nats.

• Like 3