The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

No pic of the actual thing as I can't have it until Father's Day, but I somehow managed to talk my wife into letting me use a HobbyTown coupon on the Bandai Star Wars 1/72 B-Wing fighter SDCC release with the included engine lighting.

Now I can cheat and use that as my entry in the Bandai Star Wars campaign at Armorama instead of the Y-Wing with the AM lighting kit that requires drilling and soldering and thus more time. I have three other builds to complete at the same time, so yeah, I'm going snap-together on this one. If only it was bright orange plastic like those Monogram Funny Cars.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yeah, the long lost Hart. My office girl found a box all wrapped up and I about loaded my drawers.  I thought that was lost

Wow! I thought it was long gone too. Well, I'm definitely going to build it after a story like that. 

Edit: I forgot to say I actually checked the postmark date to see if it had been lost at the post office the whole time. 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 12:50 PM, 1to1scale said:

So, I decided to respond to what I just got, and I realized I may have a problem. 

7E835C51-151E-4B2D-9950-58CD65548743.jpeg

Unavailable

Heh,..  for a minute I thought this was a machine being used by the Germans...  then I realized it said "Marines" on the side, and not "Marine".

Silly me!

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 6/8/2019 at 10:12 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Wow! I thought it was long gone too. Well, I'm definitely going to build it after a story like that. 

Edit: I forgot to say I actually checked the postmark date to see if it had been lost at the post office the whole time. 

Yeah, it was sitting in a pile of boxes in a parts storeroom at the shop. We had signs of rodents so I had my guys pull the entire room apart. I turned it into a parts inventory moment, and the next morning, guess what got found?

It sat in a non air conditioned area for a couple years or so, so the first thing I did was open it up and check for warps.

So Carl, you have Mickey’s cousin to thank for that. :)

I’m just relieved it was found.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yeah, it was sitting in a pile of boxes in a parts storeroom at the shop. We had signs of rodents so I had my guys pull the entire room apart. I turned it into a parts inventory moment, and the next morning, guess what got found?

It sat in a non air conditioned area for a couple years or so, so the first thing I did was open it up and check for warps.

So Carl, you have Mickey’s cousin to thank for that. :)

I’m just relieved it was found.

Me too! 

Please thank Mikey's cousin for me then.  :thumbsup2:

• Like 3

• Administrators

Carl, I had a quick look at it when I replaced the chewed up shipping box and I didn't see any obvious signs of warps or heat damage.

Please have a very close look at all the parts and let me know if there are any issues. Struts, prop, decals, or what have you. It sat through two Texas summers in a non air conditioned building.....

• Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 10:31 PM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

No pic of the actual thing as I can't have it until Father's Day, but I somehow managed to talk my wife into letting me use a HobbyTown coupon on the Bandai Star Wars 1/72 B-Wing fighter SDCC release with the included engine lighting.

Now I can cheat and use that as my entry in the Bandai Star Wars campaign at Armorama instead of the Y-Wing with the AM lighting kit that requires drilling and soldering and thus more time. I have three other builds to complete at the same time, so yeah, I'm going snap-together on this one. If only it was bright orange plastic like those Monogram Funny Cars.

Here's a place holder for you in the meantime:

IMG_20190612_202624-L.jpg

Carl

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Carl, I had a quick look at it when I replaced the chewed up shipping box and I didn't see any obvious signs of warps or heat damage.

Please have a very close look at all the parts and let me know if there are any issues. Struts, prop, decals, or what have you. It sat through two Texas summers in a non air conditioned building.....

Ernie I went thru the box when it first came in to see what I was getting into. I mean resin, biplane and rigging oh my! :D At the time nothing stuck out as being out of shape. Just in case I checked again after your post and everything seems to be fine. 

Here's the wings

IMG_20190612_202814-L.jpg

The fuselage:

MVIMG_20190612_202853-L.jpg

The smaller bits are ok too. Maybe Silver Wings uses Texas proof resin? 

• Like 2

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Ernie I went thru the box when it first came in to see what I was getting into. I mean resin, biplane and rigging oh my! :D At the time nothing stuck out as being out of shape. Just in case I checked again after your post and everything seems to be fine. 

Here's the wings

IMG_20190612_202814-L.jpg

The fuselage:

MVIMG_20190612_202853-L.jpg

The smaller bits are ok too. Maybe Silver Wings uses Texas proof resin? 

I don’t know about that, as I lost a few kits several years back due to heat. One was an ultra rare P-47 Razorback.  Yes, I was seriously pissed.  

But let me know if there are any issues and I’ll get ahold of them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Probably width with me. Anyone who's seen me can testify!   Look, it's a Five Futtah!  I'm definitely girth challenged.

And I hear you there Ernie, in my caste I'm just too short for my weight

• Like 3