The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

So Paper Doll looks cool, but I’m drawn to the FAA bird, of course.

But when I think FAA fighters, I think Martlet and clipped wing Corsair, not Hellcat so much.

Your in Murica now, get with the program!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GazzaS said:

HLJ was having a sale...  So I bought somethin...

114062-10518-pristine.jpg

121091-15655-18-720.jpg

Nice pair of kits Gaz! Missed out on those from HLJ. But I did get this on sale from Great Hobbies here in Canada.

IMG_20190626_233048-L.jpg

For $41 CAD shipped, it was hard to say no.

I also got a couple more kits. Another for me:

IMG_20190626_233108-L.jpg

As tomorrow is the last day of school for the year I picked these up for my boys. 

IMG_20190626_233117-L.jpg

IMG_20190626_233141-L.jpg

Hopefully they'll like them. 

Carl

• Like 3

On 6/7/2019 at 7:11 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

The continued efforts of Herr Clunk to convert me to a biplane fan uh, continues with my newest arrival:

IMG_20190605_200423-L.jpg

Thanks so much as always and I will have to get started on one of these soon. 

Ernie, you sir, are the bestest!!!

Carl

I want this this and the Fly Catcher!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Gaz! 

So far, they're eyeing the sci-fi stuff and smaller scale aircraft but I'm sure that day will come....

You're a GOOD Dad, Carl...........................:notworthy:

• Like 2

Well it finally got here 

Airfix 1/24 F6F-5 Hellcat. WOW this thing is ASSUME!!!  This has the best and most accurate Pratt and Whitney  R-2800-10 that has ever been modeled. I'm going to be doing mine as a F6F-3.   I think I can do it there are three things that need to be done to create the -3

1) modify the front canopy, I have to ad some upper frame straps to it. I'll post pics when I get to that point.

2) add the bulge in the lower cowl just over the exhaust openings, you really don't have to do this, but it will make it more obvious that it is a -3.

3) add the windows to the fuselage just behind the pilots head rest. I also hve to add the little windows on either side of the head rest pad on the armor plate.

Oh yeah I need to paint it in the tricolor paint scheme.

I might do a build of the P & W R-2800-10 showing the proper why to paint one based on the book by Graham White "R-2800" pratt & whitney's dependable masterpiece. And a lot of reference photos I've accumulated over the years. Most people don't know how to paint it. Mostly because they don't understand how it works and what all the pipes, tubing and wiring are for.

I plane on adding any wiring and linkages that are missing. I'm also going to add spark plugs with correct braided plug wires. Right know I'm investigating the parts and planning how I'm going to accomplish this. So for know here are some pictures.

20190627_174437.jpg

20190627_174345.jpg

20190627_174411.jpg

20190627_174459.jpg

20190627_174535.jpg

20190627_174603.jpgRon G 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Well what I didn't get was the 24th Hellcat off the Sprue Brothers sale...waited too long dammit.

Ryan

I know the feeling Ryan. I was looking at the new Tamiya Achilles from Lucky and it sold out right after coming in. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
22 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Crap Ern I ended up with two copies of that book this spring...  you’re going to need to talk to me before you go buying obscure stuff as I’ve been finding a LOT of it lately, haha

Oh MAN, Mike! I’ve been looking for that book literally for years. When I saw it, I snagged it.

• Like 4