The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

13 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Not likely, I will be busy sharpening my crayons :) while preoccupied with another silly things , like running, studying criminal code, cleaning my boots, ironing the pillow case and did I mention running ?

I'll make sure to take tons of detail shots of the Zulu Cobra's at Miramar so you can't use them over the next six months.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Not likely, I will be busy sharpening my crayons :) while preoccupied with another silly things , like running, studying criminal code, cleaning my boots, ironing the pillow case and did I mention running ?

You’re going to be in the police afterwards ? Like a Monty on a horse (rather than a Mustang) :) ?

Hubert

• Like 5

So here’s the haul from Chattanooga...

Trumpeter USS Arizona in 1/200 (which, after doing some research, is going to take a ton of work to make right, so it’s going to the long-term-project stack)

White Ensign PE set for same

Trumpeter 1/32 P-40B, for which i’m now searching for update and decal sets

Prototype Tamiya 1/48 P-38

these should all be a ton of fun to build

image.jpg

• Like 5

Killing some time in Springfield the other day, went to Hobby Lobby and picked these up. My 8 year old saw was getting a little " short in the tooth" so needed a new one......harv

20190818_163340.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, harv said:

Killing some time in Springfield the other day, went to Hobby Lobby and picked these up. My 8 year old saw was getting a little " short in the tooth" so needed a new one......harv

20190818_163340.jpg

Harv, where did you get those sanding sticks? I have been looking for them for ages, I got the Excell set and cannot get new sanding films for them so they are basically useless.....

• Like 4

I got them at Hobby Lobby. But not in the model section. They were on the wood craft isle, next to the wood burning sets. Comes with a bunch of re fills. 4grits, 80,120,180,240. 5 refills each. $24.......harv

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Harv, where did you get those sanding sticks? I have been looking for them for ages, I got the Excell set and cannot get new sanding films for them so they are basically useless.....

Jeff, I think Lee Valley carries them. Not sure if these are the same ones. 

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=20187&cat=1,42500

Carl

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff, I think Lee Valley carries them. Not sure if these are the same ones. 

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=20187&cat=1,42500

Carl

Carl, those are the ones I have, but for the life of me I cannot get replacement sanding films, looks like I will have to order them... thanks, and if that fails, Harvf,  I am 125 miles north of Spokane Washington and they have a Hobby Lobby... ( love that store) thanks guys !!

• Like 3