The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Alrighty then ...

It's been a while since I posted anything in this thread ... for a couple of reasons.

The first was the demise of Photobucket and the lack of a decent amount of time to start learning about something else to use to post pics.

The second was that, by that time I actually had most of the kits that I started out planning to get ... and new stuff was coming through in trickle feed ... so, add to that the experience of a couple of let downs with trusting other humans ... and I decided to focus my attentions elsewhere for a season.

Anyhow ... since then more than a few items have dropped  ... I have set up a new picture thingy ... so, time to play 'show-n-tell' again.

First up ...

Here's a present my Girlfriend gave me before I left the Philippines ... They have their own fast-food chain over there called "Jollibee" ... and a 5-6ft statue of this guy is usually parked outside :)

chWAKWs.jpg

Pretty much as soon as I got back ... Richard advises his book is ready for distribution ... so I put the order through ... I've been chasing the Classics Publications one for yonks and always seem to get pipped by a sniper on eBay ... though given how this has turned out - looks like I dodged a bullet!! The Ju.88 Classics book has been used as a comparison for size.

TKaJkjd.jpg

So about a week or two after I put through the order with Rich ... I started putting up a list on the whiteboard - so I could put through some other orders. 3 boxes arrived today ...

XtGk0xi.jpg

In box number 1 ... All the way from Sprue Brothers in USA ...

Was this ...

6KBvrNU.jpg

And this:

bjL8FC5.jpg

Bought mainly for collection reasons ... as ZM has discontinued making the original boxings of each now - they are collectables :) ... A little note and gift was left to say "Thank You" ... although I have no idea what it is ...

KsdTBuK.jpg

x7zCXdl.jpg

In box number 2 from Frontline Hobbies in NSW we have:

amw2ilS.jpg

and ...

tZgDwJc.jpg

While the one from Sprue Brothers is a collectable ... this one is for building at some point (and apparently there's not a lot of wrestling needed with it!)

and the final kit in this box ...

sXwkkKr.jpg

Just noting that its weird that the box art on this edition is night-time while the other one is daytime ... as this is the non-nightfighter edition without the upward firing cannon?!? :unsure:

Box number 3 comes from Metro Hobbies in VIC:

This first kit holds no special interest to me other than its a ZM kit for the collection ... I'm pretty sure the only 3 kits in 32' I DON'T have now are the 2 Skyraiders and the Do.335A-12.

6Txi7ES.jpg

Since I still haven't decided whether to go HKM or buy my first EVER Wingnut Wings kit of the Mk.I-III Lanc' ... I'm holding off on pulling the trigger ... for now ...

I DID, however, decide that I wanted one of these ...

wxa9abn.jpg

I'm guessing that these 'special build' Lanc's came to the squadron new and that panel 'oil canning' wouldn't have really had a chance to set in before Operation Chastise ... So I figured I'd go with the clean look.

They also had one of these in stock. I'd been meaning to grab one when they were released ... but when it came out, it was getting into that period of 'trickle feed' for me so I elected to hold off until there were other items to get at the same time ... Tamiya are stamping out fresh batches of this stuff all the time, so I knew I could always grab one.

ZXtUlF0.jpg

So ... Having compared Johns AIMS turned antennae (supplied by Master) for his Bf.110.G-4 to the plastic usually supplied in the kit for such exercises ... I decided to grab a little extra AM ...

sTdooEu.jpg

cuDNpv9.jpg

And Finally ... Even though I'm SOOOOO not a Jet guy ... I've been thinking about doing some RAAF stuff for years ... and watching through Eric's Mirage build ... I knew I'd have to get one at some point!! So ...

sO6ld3B.jpg

But wait! ... probably because i spent so much money with them ... I got this ...

wdNB49Q.jpg

... I wish they made whiskey ... I'd much rather a good bourbon or scotch.

Cheers,

Rog :)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, harv said:

WOW!! Good to see you hear ! BTW, you don't need any photo thosting site to post pics here. You can do it directly.........harv

I thought I saw that posted somewhere previously, Harv ... good to know.

But as you'd well know, I post elsewhere ;) ;)

More to come!!

Rog :)

• Like 4

This came today. I looked at 4 or 5 web stores for it. Finnaly found it at Hobby Link. I also got my 20 ft 3 fl as g flag pole from my daughter and son in law for my early birthday present! Great day......harv

20190820_183201.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, harv said:

This came today. I looked at 4 or 5 web stores for it. Finnaly found it at Hobby Link. I also got my 20 ft 3 fl as g flag pole from my daughter and son in law for my early birthday present! Great day......harv

20190820_183201.jpg

I’m SOOOO not up to speed on all the new paints ... I keep seeing sets of these and Mig Ammo ... used before Harv? What are they like? It’d be nice to have a set of RLM colours instead of ‘nearest guess’ Tamiya ... why Tamiya haven’t set up some designated RLM stuff, I don’t know.

• Like 4

Look them up. I think they do have a set. I used a couple of them on my HO229 and I liked them. they even seemed to work good with brush painting, of witch I do very little of.....harv

• Like 4

On 8/20/2019 at 5:28 AM, Artful69 said:

Alrighty then ...

It's been a while since I posted anything in this thread ... for a couple of reasons.

The first was the demise of Photobucket and the lack of a decent amount of time to start learning about something else to use to post pics.

The second was that, by that time I actually had most of the kits that I started out planning to get ... and new stuff was coming through in trickle feed ... so, add to that the experience of a couple of let downs with trusting other humans ... and I decided to focus my attentions elsewhere for a season.

Anyhow ... since then more than a few items have dropped  ... I have set up a new picture thingy ... so, time to play 'show-n-tell' again.

First up ...

Here's a present my Girlfriend gave me before I left the Philippines ... They have their own fast-food chain over there called "Jollibee" ... and a 5-6ft statue of this guy is usually parked outside :)

chWAKWs.jpg

Pretty much as soon as I got back ... Richard advises his book is ready for distribution ... so I put the order through ... I've been chasing the Classics Publications one for yonks and always seem to get pipped by a sniper on eBay ... though given how this has turned out - looks like I dodged a bullet!! The Ju.88 Classics book has been used as a comparison for size.

TKaJkjd.jpg

So about a week or two after I put through the order with Rich ... I started putting up a list on the whiteboard - so I could put through some other orders. 3 boxes arrived today ...

XtGk0xi.jpg

In box number 1 ... All the way from Sprue Brothers in USA ...

Was this ...

6KBvrNU.jpg

And this:

bjL8FC5.jpg

Bought mainly for collection reasons ... as ZM has discontinued making the original boxings of each now - they are collectables :) ... A little note and gift was left to say "Thank You" ... although I have no idea what it is ...

KsdTBuK.jpg

x7zCXdl.jpg

In box number 2 from Frontline Hobbies in NSW we have:

amw2ilS.jpg

and ...

tZgDwJc.jpg

While the one from Sprue Brothers is a collectable ... this one is for building at some point (and apparently there's not a lot of wrestling needed with it!)

and the final kit in this box ...

sXwkkKr.jpg

Just noting that its weird that the box art on this edition is night-time while the other one is daytime ... as this is the non-nightfighter edition without the upward firing cannon?!? :unsure:

Box number 3 comes from Metro Hobbies in VIC:

This first kit holds no special interest to me other than its a ZM kit for the collection ... I'm pretty sure the only 3 kits in 32' I DON'T have now are the 2 Skyraiders and the Do.335A-12.

6Txi7ES.jpg

Since I still haven't decided whether to go HKM or buy my first EVER Wingnut Wings kit of the Mk.I-III Lanc' ... I'm holding off on pulling the trigger ... for now ...

I DID, however, decide that I wanted one of these ...

wxa9abn.jpg

I'm guessing that these 'special build' Lanc's came to the squadron new and that panel 'oil canning' wouldn't have really had a chance to set in before Operation Chastise ... So I figured I'd go with the clean look.

They also had one of these in stock. I'd been meaning to grab one when they were released ... but when it came out, it was getting into that period of 'trickle feed' for me so I elected to hold off until there were other items to get at the same time ... Tamiya are stamping out fresh batches of this stuff all the time, so I knew I could always grab one.

ZXtUlF0.jpg

So ... Having compared Johns AIMS turned antennae (supplied by Master) for his Bf.110.G-4 to the plastic usually supplied in the kit for such exercises ... I decided to grab a little extra AM ...

sTdooEu.jpg

cuDNpv9.jpg

And Finally ... Even though I'm SOOOOO not a Jet guy ... I've been thinking about doing some RAAF stuff for years ... and watching through Eric's Mirage build ... I knew I'd have to get one at some point!! So ...

sO6ld3B.jpg

But wait! ... probably because i spent so much money with them ... I got this ...

wdNB49Q.jpg

... I wish they made whiskey ... I'd much rather a good bourbon or scotch.

Cheers,

What a haul, Rog! That Ki-45 is on my wish list...

• Like 3

On 8/21/2019 at 11:24 PM, Bill_S said:

Finally a dedicated Hinomaru red for me...

DSCN2197-1.jpg

I have this as well. Tamiya have released some excellent Japanese colours in their lacquer line.

My last big kit is the airfix Hellcat.

I stocked up on loads of 1/48 and a few Japanese bombers in 1/72. 

Is it permitted to show smaller kits here?

• Like 5

I recently went on a spree, making the most of a sale.

The largest model being the aforementioned Airfix Hellcat. That kit is at the base of a large stack and I am leaving it there. So no photo.

Other kits are 1/48 & 1/72. Many are within my favorite subject, Japanese WWII subjects. The most spectacular of with is the huge Emily. Although 1/72, I would describe it as large. The recent new tool Hasegawa kits is equal to Tamiya IMO.

Aftermarket is of course with each box.

The Talon is just beautiful. 

reSL45.jpg

z8zDrB.jpg

VPgDiL.jpg

J7sgNb.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I recently went on a spree, making the most of a sale.

The largest model being the aforementioned Airfix Hellcat. That kit is at the base of a large stack and I am leaving it there. So no photo.

Other kits are 1/48 & 1/72. Many are within my favorite subject, Japanese WWII subjects. The most spectacular of with is the huge Emily. Although 1/72, I would describe it as large. The recent new tool Hasegawa kits is equal to Tamiya IMO.

Aftermarket is of course with each box.

The Talon is just beautiful. 

reSL45.jpg

VPgDiL.jpg

How I wish that Tamiya Mk.I Spit was 32' ... along with that Do.17z!! ... That big a$$ed flying boat looks a LOT like a Sunderland ...

• Like 5

So ... another couple of orders arrived in ...

V88JEbi.jpg

This time ... one of the books I ordered ...

cAc8Fcp.jpg

And a slightly late arrival from the east coast ...

58MVyXp.jpg

Another ZM kit ... still sporting the now customary rice paper wrap!

9z9PQJx.jpg

Welcome to the stash SWS #13

jWOz3zS.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Rog, that’s one big bad assed spending spree there, beautiful kits.......you said not all for building?

The Old Man said himself, that once ZM kits were gone, they're gone. He was referring specifically to the Ho.29 and the Do.335A-0 when he said it, but it got me moving on the collection.

I WAS going to hit up the other kits above, new Revell releases (Fw.190A-8, Bf.110C-7, Me.262A-1) and start purchasing RAAF gear and hobby tools. But I thought I'd grab the ZM gear before the prices escalate much further. As far as I know the only 32' scale ZM kits missing now are the 2 Skyraiders and the Do,335A-12.

I'm actually reorganising the stash room today ... there'll be some eBay action soon with the stuff I don't actually want.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Oh are the ZM kits limited edition?

Not specifically so ...

They are made with standard IM Moulds ... which is to say that they are good for a metric bucketload of kits - as opposed to short run / limited run moulds which are not.

Like Wingnut wings ... they make their designated batches maybe 2 or 3  ... and once they’re gone, they’re gone.

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 8/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, Artful69 said:

I thought I saw that posted somewhere previously, Harv ... good to know.

But as you'd well know, I post elsewhere ;) ;)

More to come!!

Rog, when you write a post, look down and you’ll see “click to choose files”. Just hit that and it accesses your pictures on your device. Upload them directly from there.

then hit “post reply”, and poof! You’re there. 

D89E8CF6-438C-47BC-B0D2-9423227069AC.png

0B402151-DC2B-4B2B-B5A4-F33D461D5F60.png

33261171-FD1D-48A3-A9BC-3CB6F2762E0B.png

D88DD686-ACDB-4E51-9C6D-70139C001F40.png

25552B46-452A-4474-A7F4-CF4C0D803414.png

1C19AA53-7E49-433C-91B7-32E1C5642873.png

6ADF9E32-39A3-4503-97EE-D9F98390120A.png

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 8/23/2019 at 5:34 AM, Artful69 said:

How I wish that Tamiya Mk.I Spit was 32' ... along with that Do.17z!! ... That big a$$ed flying boat looks a LOT like a Sunderland ...

I was thinking “Empire” flying boat, but I guess the Sunderland’s more or less the same thing.

You, Sir, have gone on one serious spending spree. I have the A-12, and it’s basically your kit with an add-on set and addendum to the instruction booklet. Where the fuel tank sits behind the cockpit now sits a second pit.

• Like 3