The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I was thinking “Empire” flying boat, but I guess the Sunderland’s more or less the same thing.

You, Sir, have gone on one serious spending spree. I have the A-12, and it’s basically your kit with an add-on set and addendum to the instruction booklet. Where the fuel tank sits behind the cockpit now sits a second pit.

Mr E ... Thanks for the photo tips :) ... 

a 32' Sunderland ... wouldn't that be something?!? ... :wub:

I saw you'd mentioned the A-12 before ... and I'm currently deciding whether to grab one ... and the Skyraiders,  just so I have a complete ZM 1/32 collection (minus Kettengrad).

There's definitely more to come ... some books ex-east ... although don't get me started on the Ho.229 Classics debacle at the moment ... I made my 3rd order tonight ... why people can't list 'current stock' is beyond me ... crossing my fingers for Amazons professionalism and an actual damn book!.

Haven't decided between the HKM Lanc' and the Wingnut one yet ... That will depend on pricing. There's the ZM Hs.129's, Fw.190's and their other recent announcements (Ar.234, Bf.109G and P.51B) ... The F18's (A, B & F) and a BAe Hawk for my Australian themed stuff (God help me if some nut job ever pops out an F.111) although I did hear of one mentioned at some point in the past ... 

My bucket list includes a Do.17z in BoB livery a Wellington bomber and a Boulton Paul Disaster ... er Defiant.

And then there's the question of armour ... but I'll pop the question I need answered up on a different thread!

Rog :)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Let’s just hope WNW follows up on the Dambusters/Barnes Wallis theme and gives us that Wellington. It would certainly be a logical next step, assuming that there's anything really logical about large two and four engine bomers in 1/32.....

Personally, I love the HK Lanc, but for different reasons.  Unintentionally I expect, it’s about 95% postwar already. As in metal clad elevators, certain cockpit details, etc. Yes it’s got it’s warts, but it’s decent and a fun build. It remains to be seen with WNW, but I’ll build one up OOB as soon as it hits.

You on the F-111 is like me on a two seat Voodoo. I’d be in delirious delight.  Same with a GOOD modern short nose 190.

As you can see, posting pics here is simplicity in itself.

As for me, I grabbed the F-18 from Carl. Shipping was much cheaper to Tx. I smell an RCAF B model coming. Plus, I’ve been on a book binge lately. With Martin on hiatus, I’ll now need to learn to do my own research. :)

• Like 6

Rog, Ernie, you should try to find a copy of this book:

IMG_20180912_185912-L.jpg

It's got some details and 3D drawings of the Dambuster Lanc plus the operational history of every plane that participated in the Dams raid. 

Also for the Ho229, look for the Kagero book. It was a pain to find but also well worth it. 

Carl

• Like 4

Some 1:1 scale stuff today. 

MVIMG_20190828_132931-L.jpg

Just my phone so not the bestest.

My youngest was particularly excited about this flyby as he's working on the Airfix Vampire and I've got the CMK CT-133 on the bench.

IMG_20190828_134619-L.jpg

He wouldn't leave until the big star made her appearance.

IMG_20190828_144047-L.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Rog, Ernie, you should try to find a copy of this book:

IMG_20180912_185912-L.jpg

It's got some details and 3D drawings of the Dambuster Lanc plus the operational history of every plane that participated in the Dams raid. 

Also for the Ho229, look for the Kagero book. It was a pain to find but also well worth it. 

Carl

Being shipped to me as we speak! ... From an Aussie supplier ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

MVIMG_20190828_122222-L.jpg

On the weekend, it's the Toronto Airshow where the Red Arrows and Snowbirds will be performing. 

Carl

Is that one of our used F/A.18's there Carl?? ... Watch for the chewing gum stuck under the IP's!!! ... Or the smell of stale cigarettes :D

• Like 5

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

Is that one of our used F/A.18's there Carl?? ... Watch for the chewing gum stuck under the IP's!!! ... Or the smell of stale cigarettes :D

Most of the original Canadian purchase are pretty much used up by now. 30 years of NORAD alert duty and combat ops in Sand Land have pretty much wore them out.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

I think it's still one of our original ones. The Aussie ones have started to arrive already but I don't know if any have entered service yet. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I think it's still one of our original ones. The Aussie ones have started to arrive already but I don't know if any have entered service yet. 

Betcha they're cleaning the gum off the IP's and the stale cigarette smell out of the cockpit ... probably replacing the stereo speakers too - blown with at the AC/DC music turned up to 11 :D

Rog :)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Betcha they're cleaning the gum off the IP's and the stale cigarette smell out of the cockpit ... probably replacing the stereo speakers too - blown with at the AC/DC music turned up to 11 :D

Rog :)

Probably. At least I'm fairly certain they'll be swapping the AC/DC out for Rush. :D

• Like 3

On 8/29/2019 at 7:27 PM, smitty44 said:

C'mon, we know what they're really playing in those Canadian birds.

pop-olympics-trials-bieber.jpg

Actually, they reserve playing this for the Psy Ops division. When the OpFor hear him playing they run for their lives. :lol:

Think of Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now.

Carl

• Like 3