The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

• Administrators

This is a P-51 scheme I’ve wanted to do for years.  I like unique schemes with a neat stories behind them.  No, as Pacific Mustangs go, it’s pretty bland, but the story is the best part of all  

The pilot, Lt. Louis E. Curdes was credited with shooting down 7 German, 1 Italian, 1 Japanese, and...... 1 American aircraft.

There is a really great back story on how he got credit for shooting down an American C-47 aircraft, flown by Americans, and filled with American Officers, and the Nurse he had dated the night before and would eventually marry  

Check out the stupid grin on his face  :)

F5D2802E-EA2C-41E7-A9E1-B8A4B056D926.jpeg

624F7FB6-D2E2-41ED-B923-5F61F7D2C94D.jpeg

E117D75D-2C93-418D-982B-C43D8C4CAE97.png

• Like 7

• Administrators

Ryan let’s get on a resin quest! Time to build, my friend! 

I’m at the point of mumbling to myself regarding those flaps on the Helldiver. There must be a better way.

Along with the Mug-15, Lunak, L-38, L-29, P-63 x3, and La-7, I have the Ta-154, Tigercat, Me-410, and Sea Hornet as well. I’m thinking I can drive myself into nuttzville with those alone. 

And then there is the Dreaded Walrus. Ugh!

• Like 3

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Hehe, yeah I would like to crack open one of them, perhaps the 154? I’m really trying to concentrate on the Hellcat though.

I'd like to see a 154 built. A few have been done in Europe, but very few if any on this side of the pond. I hope I'll have my Helldiver done by spring, but it depends on my average PE idiocy quotient being below 35 for longer than a week straight.

I'd certainly love to deal with the 410 and even the Mug-15. Especially the last one. Other than the HPH kit, there are no decently accurate kits of the 15 out there in 1/32.

• Like 4

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Ryan said:

If ZM got into the Mig-15 business that would be great. sngle seat, 2 seat, bis, etc.

You know Ryan. It's not fair and you know it.  I'm now reading builds of that 154 online and from what I can see, as far as HPH goes, it looks like a relatively trouble free build if you follow the standard resin kit doctrine of planning 10 steps ahead.

Andy over on LSP looks like he breezed through it, and it was his first all resin kit.

• Like 3

On 9/12/2019 at 5:32 PM, Clunkmeister said:

This is a P-51 scheme I’ve wanted to do for years.  I like unique schemes with a neat stories behind them.  No, as Pacific Mustangs go, it’s pretty bland, but the story is the best part of all  

The pilot, Lt. Louis E. Curdes was credited with shooting down 7 German, 1 Italian, 1 Japanese, and...... 1 American aircraft.

There is a really great back story on how he got credit for shooting down an American C-47 aircraft, flown by Americans, and filled with American Officers, and the Nurse he had dated the night before and would eventually marry  

Check out the stupid grin on his face  :)

F5D2802E-EA2C-41E7-A9E1-B8A4B056D926.jpeg

624F7FB6-D2E2-41ED-B923-5F61F7D2C94D.jpeg

E117D75D-2C93-418D-982B-C43D8C4CAE97.png

I had always wanted to build this one also, but didn’t know the decals were available! 

• Like 4

On 9/14/2019 at 4:52 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Nothing huge but I did get some paint sets for a few hopefully upcoming projects. 

IMG_20190913_145020-L.jpg

Carl

Hi Carl.

I just bought 2 bottles of AK paint. I have never used it. I am ignorant (no secret there) regarding their use with thinners.

I have the following thinners.

1. GSI Mr Colour levelling, Mr Colour & Hobby colour.

Tamia acrylic & Laquer.

Mr Paint.

AV Vellego airbrush thinner.

Italeri acrylic paint thiner.

I am currently putting an order together for supplies. Do I need to get the AK thinner?

Thank you. D.

• Like 3