The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Z-M Fw 190 series in 1/32...

Mikester

• 3 months later...

Still waiting to see a definite release date.It appears the A-3/A-4 will be the first to be released. Seems the series keeps being pushed back. Going on two years when ZM first announced the new A series.  

• Administrators

They actually first told me about it in 2012, so it's rocking on some time now.....

At least this won't need a little piece of plastic to prop its tail up ;) 

This is an email response I received on 17/03/2016 to another question ... which was dodged :D ...

"Mr. Roger XXXXXXXXX

You made me really happy with this email of yours.

We'll keep doing our best for the future too and create 
awesome kits that might meet your expectations.
F4 Phantom will follow the Do 335.

The Fw 190, which is currently under development, will be ready for next
year.

Hideyuki Shigeta
Zoukei-mura"

.... I hope that answers everybody's question??

Rog :)

• 3 months later...

<p>

From Cybermodeler's report on the IPMS Nats:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/ipms2014.shtml

Finally, Zoukei Mura Inc. will be producing the Focke Wulf 190 series in 1/32 scale as well as introducing a new kit concept. With the the SWS series of kits, you have lots of details that make up the kit and while they take time to build, the finished resut is a masterpiece, They've heard the feedback from some of their customers looking for kits that are less complex but still have lots of details. The result is a new BASIC series that will use advanced molding technology to provide lots of details molded into fuselage interiors and other assemblies that would be provided as separate parts in the SWS series. The subjects coming in the Fw 190 series include:

• Fw 190A-3 (Basic)
  • Fw 190A-4 (SWS)
  • Fw 190A-5/6/7 (Basic)
  • Fw 190A-8 (SWS)
  • Fw 190D-9 (SWS)
  • Like 1

Really an FW180 A8 & D9, I can't wait, that is the best news I've heard this year, oh boy oh boy oh boy is all I can think of to say, well at the moment anyway. One can only hope for a P47 razor & buble, P38 fork tail devil, and the sinister looking Me 410, my life would be complete. Thank you ZM, the 'gods' are finally listening!

• Like 1

Thanks for the thumbs up mikester. Man I can't wait for the D9, my fav kraut fleiger at the moment but changes like the weather lol. A good quality pic will always captivate my attention but I like most German aircraft..... Take the new ZM Do 335 Phiel, didn't do much for me until I saw 'SWS' kit ...phew cocka doodle doo ! Definitely one for the stash but I will definitely grab butcher bird as well. Keep up the good work ZM and you will take a load of cash from me!

Hi efrick, would you know if the aircraft pictured is Joachim Priller's mount, I'm aware that he flew an FW with the eagle motif, I really need some good books

Not Priller's aircraft, his "Black 13" carried the Gruppenkommandeur markings and the Ace of Hearts emblem under the cockpit. 

What picture, where ... am I missing something?

Rog

At the Nats their owner also said they're going to do an F-86 Sabre, an F-4 Phantom and an F-14 Tomcat.... Pretty ambitious, if they'll also do a series of Fw 190A's!

I just hope that their "basic" series won't have "half" detail molded in. Rather less wing spars and ribs or no invisible details like fuel tanks or complete radiators but still separate parts for guns and cockpit details.

Hi Erik, I'm hearing you bro, but innacurate wing spars should not really be a problem once they have been sandwiched between the skin , nobody will see it anyway. I just hope they don't make half a 'donk' like the hasegawa attempt a few years back, that was just lame and another waste of cash. As long as the outside visible bits such as wing root, gun cowling, and a complete motor is there I will be happy. Cheers Oz