The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models 1/32 Lancaster!

JeroenPeters

• 4 weeks later...

Jeroen I can't seem to open your pics on this thread but did find some by googling telford & lanc...

Looks superb. Only real concern would be how to store/display something this size. I recently received my WNG Felixstowe and was

*concerned to see that once completed, it won't fit into my large display cabinet

*as well as pleased to see that a "detachable wing option for storage" had been incorporated into the kit - though I'm not sure whether this work out with such a huge, detailed and (I imagine) ultimately fragile set of (rigged) wings but I guess I'll find out...

Thanks also for the walkaround pics - I'll use the if this project ever comes to pass - right now I'm sinking into a swamp of unbuilt kits because so many incredible models are being released in 1/32 scale that I just can't keep up - I have the Tamiya bubbletop corsair, ZM Horten, WNW Felixstowe, WNW new Hansa-B, WNW eindekker, Meng commet, Revell Uhu, Eduard 109 (& Werners Wings Dubendorf conversion), big HK Dornier, Dragon 110 (& resin nightfighter conversion) - among others! - all lined up - what a great problem to have :-) Switching to 1/32 scale has significantly elevated the level of enjoyment & satisfaction I get from this hobby.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm hoping for the option such that a Lancaster from 1943 can be built.

The prototype seems to have lots of elements from the current flying airframes, which don't necessarily appear on wartime Lancasters.

Thanks for posting the photos!

Can you list?

This kit has been eagerly awaited by me for 2+ years. I wouldn't have minded the odd inaccuracy - although I very much appreciate the commitment to getting as close as humanly possible ...

I'm wondering if there is very much difference between the Mk's ... appearance and general shape-wise? ... I liked the later dorsal turret, more flat in profile with the the .50 cal's ... I'm guessing that if the differences are not that huge, the AM community will have a field day with this one ... 

Chastise, Tall Boy, Grand Slam are all applicable to this variant ... I think?

Certainly a lot more buzz in the community than the B-17G ... and that made waves!

Rog :)

So. Needle blade props or the later paddle blades. Same as the Mossie ones by the way. Threaded or slick tyres? Early four gun or later two gun .50 tail turret. Early or later Bombardier bubble? The list is long. Being such a large model at a price one should consider that People would Usually buy example. So the option to build Several marks should be included. Any views on this?

Cheers

Cees

• Like 2

I think its important to add all the options possible Cees. This would help to move more units for sure. HK should of looked at this when they did the B-17... Like staggered waist gunners inserts etc..

Small items like that Blades, guns and tyres should be included for sure....  Bigger things like The Fuse windows... I think they should be included, as an insert part to the fuse so you can have with or without... Or the better option to have the fuse tooled as without and then the modeller can drill the windows out from the inter part of the fuse if they want them fitted..