The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WNW Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8 "Harry Tate" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Guest DannyVM

First figure for my Harry Tate diorama is almost finished. Still there some need to touch up minor details.

DSCN1578_zpsnyxbtp6u.jpg

DSCN1579_zpsegggc94l.jpg

DSCN1580_zps5u7rhouz.jpg

DSCN1581_zpsbxewjtnz.jpg

DSCN1582_zpsgbfmgsmr.jpg

DSCN1583_zpsmjb31elu.jpg

Greetz

Danny

• 4 weeks later...

First impression of the second figure i painted. For now, the only work that need to be done is painting the dog, and make some ground work for the Harry tate.

DSCN1614_zpsygrbp208.jpg

DSCN1612_zpsrkoezwlf.jpg

Greetz

Danny

I started on my Harry Tate ground work. From a normal round MDF base plate, to a muddy april 1917 ground work. Like you will see on the last photo, in that order i used some colors and a dark wash.

DSCN1607_zpsm8ijdyj1.jpg

DSCN1618_zps6bvfepye.jpg

DSCN1619_zpsjucgbt2m.jpg

DSCN1621_zpsydaty84y.jpg

DSCN1626_zps3nj3pw7i.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Great work so far on the base. Someday, I will gather up my courage to tackle a ground base that is out of my comfort zone. What are you using to represent the dry dirt and how to did you go about doing it? TIA

Thank's Mike. :)

For the sand i use white glue and white sand. First i thinned the glue with a little bit of water, and afterwards, i put some glue on the surface of the base using a brush and i pour the white sand onto the wet white glue. I let it dry for about 24 hours. Iff you using grass also, you have to mark the spots first where the grass will come, i don't use white sand on these spots, but i still brush glue on it. After all is dry, turn my base upside down to remove the the sand that didn't stick into the glue. Next thing, i thin some white glue to almost the thickness of milk, and brush this onto the sandy ground work. Why, it will fix all the lose sand particles that are more or less laying onto the sandy ground work. Now you're ground work is ready to paint.

I hope that will explain a little bit of the process.

Greetz

Danny

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...