The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Revell Beaufighter TF X conversion

When I got home from work a nice little package awaited me sent by Derek Bradshaw and Peter from Airscale. A nice canopy set beau.tifully ( heheh) crafted by Peter. The front fits perfectly and it looks great complete with interior detail. Nothing prevents me from displaying the escape hatch open. The dorsal canopy is the early version and not applicable to the TF X. It wil need some major surgery to fit but it looks great.

To celebrate I smothered the Beau in Flory washes rendering it temporarily not so beau.

Thanks chaps,

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Cees

imagejpg1_zpscc071c10.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsf1840b0d.jpg

• Like 1

Cees how do you like the Flory washes?? I've seen him use it on his YouTube videos and have become very curious. Is it as easy as painting on as you did, letting it dry and then wiping away with damp paper towel, and then set?

Update,

The Beau is progressing nicely. Today I fitted the undercarriage and doors. I like the way the

doors just clip into place. Not bad for a seventies vintage kit. Next some more Flory washes

to taste. I desperately need some Hamilton Standard type propbosses as used on the Hellcat

And Corsair. Any leads on those?

Cheers

Cees

imagejpg1_zps4b6f8c45.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsdaf520ba.jpg

• Like 3

Guest Kagemusha

Question:

I am working on the MDC rocket set for the Beau but most launchrails are badly warped. Any idea how to save these?

Put them in hot water.

Thanks,

In fact I did that and it worked. But the quality of casting is a bit rough. And although I managed to fit them on

the base plates they looked wrong. Turned out that they are intended (of course) for the MDC Typhoon. The

rails als not fitted on stubs. So will scratchbuild my own.
Cees

• Like 1

Update,

Scratchbuilt rocketrails and mounting plate. Funny what you can do with several Evergreen strips, rods etc.

I hope to use the aftermarket rockets but they are again very rough. Perhaps I should scratch these too

Using some thick rod. The photoetch fins are very nice though.

Cheers

Cees

imagejpg1_zpse5333cf1.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Cees great scratch build. I just scratch built miniguns for the HH-53C I just finished. Thought I'd jump in with both feet and was pleased with the outcome. I was so motivated buy my success that I bought a few pieces of plastic etc when I was at the hobby shop today in case there is a need for further scratch building!!

• Like 2

Update,

Marking out the canopy strips on canopy plan B. These strips show where to to place the interior details

using rod and strip. If it fails canopy plan A will be used.

Cheers

Cees

imagejpg1_zpsb3fbe671.jpg

• Like 2

I made a dorsal canopy master using Miliput. Great stuff. I was advised to cover it in Mr Surfacer and it works great, evening out any irregularities. Thanks Huub. Now to try some crashmoulding. Does anyone have any experience in this?

Cheers

Cees

imagejpg1_zps7dc1241d.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Cee`s,

You`ve done a great job there,...........I hope that somebody comes to your rescue and manages to run a few canopies for you. I`ve tried it myself but failed miserably and burnt my fingers during the process!

Keep up the great work,

Tony

PS- I`ve been meaning to say how much I like the Halifax side view on your page,......it looks great, but I do have a soft spot for the old Halibag!

• Like 1