Jump to content
EVERYTHING UKRAINE GROUP BUILD IS NOW UNDERWAY.

DONE: Eduard BF109E4/7, Hptm. Ernst Wiggers "Black 6" JG 51, 1940


JG26
 Share

Recommended Posts

So here's my trick...

 

Get yourself some strene strips and cut off four pieces about 10mm and then glue them on the lower part on the fuse.. Then your cowl has a good base to keep everything flush..

 

f19dd64b-e0bc-4246-b5aa-c224877b6064.jpg

 

Works well with the fuse joints too

 

_DSC7723.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings all,

 

Officially kicked off my group build today at "Rieser's" (sure you know him...) staffell hanger today. Quite productive, the 2 fuselage sides are cleaned up ready to start with the cockpit & re-ad a few rivets lost through the sprue cutoff marks.

 

Will be juggling the remainder of the Meng A7V build & working on the Emil over the next few weeks. At least, that's the plan at this stage.......

 

BF%20109E4%201940%20Group%20Build%20-%20

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings all,

 

Officially kicked off my group build today at "Rieser's" (sure you know him...) staffell hanger today. Quite productive, the 2 fuselage sides are cleaned up ready to start with the cockpit & re-ad a few rivets lost through the sprue cutoff marks.

 

Will be juggling the remainder of the Meng A7V build & working on the Emil over the next few weeks. At least, that's the plan at this stage.......

 

BF%20109E4%201940%20Group%20Build%20-%20

Yep recognise those tables and carpet.......great start
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings all 1940 GBer's,

 

Since it's been a rainy weekend here in Brisbane, painting the A7V was off the cards, so I started to tackle some of the annoying jobs for the GB Emil.

 

Fuselage halves joined (there is still a line there as per specs), filled, rescribed & re-rivetted. Little bit hard to tell from the pic....quite time consuming!

 

2312b625-bd7a-41af-9eb0-26596ca2cb97_zps

 

Ed's annoying front cowl join - also filled, rescribed & re-rivitted. Also reduced the "Step" on the back of cowl to wing section join, by adding a thin strip of evergreen. May not be 100% perfect, but I think it looks O.K. And of course, the reference & decals arrived!!!!!!

 

33212495-7bc7-46d2-92f9-67e0c488d785_zps

 

That's it for now.

 

Regards,

 

Dan M

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greeting all 1940 GB'ers,

 

Little bit more progress on the Ed Emil, cockpit 95% done, just have to try to fit it without breaking anything.....hmmmmmmm.....

 

All Eduard OOTB, with the exception of chopping the oxygen cylinder holder down a little to make it a more accurate height. not worrying about adding much detail to this one. Should still look pretty busy when she's all together.

 

RLM 02 mix applied with Tamiya XF57/22 (Buff,RLM Grey 60/40), Details picked out woth Vallejo's. Weathering with MIG oils, chipping with silver & lead pencils.

 

37953b60-1ef3-4f3f-87c0-799d02324d1f_zps

 

The Eduard photoetch knob handles were flat, so I built up the knobs with canopy glue then painted. The painted dashboards & side switch panels supplied by Ed are much too blue, and are printed quite out of register - I repainted all the surrounds & dial outers a more "greyer" shade of RLM66 with Vallejo "Basalt Grey+Black". I then added canopy glue to all the dials for a bit of a shine.

 

d3b3c56a-fe21-4f2a-9db8-24c87eeb9a08_zps

 

That concludes another not-so-exciting episode, see you next post! All comments good/bad welcome. P.S - Ralph, not a chance, and don't worry- I will keep pestering you to persevere with that Ed Emil!

 

Regards,

 

Dan

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings all,

 

Anoher quick update pic on the Wigger Emil - Main build complete, primer on. I ended up modifing a few little things - I ended up drilling out a couple of small in/outlets on the fuselage, and also added the radio wire in socket to the rear fuselage.

 

The cowling section fitment turned out ok in the end (thanks for the tips regarding the cowl alignment gents, it worked!) but the rear wing to fuselage join was a bit of a pest - I was warned about that.....(Bevan, Ralph, Jamie etc etc!) anyhow, all fixed now.

 

6_zpsnhzp5ulh.jpg

 

I also added a final touch to the cockpit before she's all done up.....A few 1940's aerial maps of the U.K in the map holder for the good Hauptmann. I printed out some actual luftwaffe maps off the net & soaked the paper in water to peel the paper layers off - it makes it a more "scale paper" size rather than manilla folder thickness!

 

Thats it for now, if the weather holds out, RLM 65 on this week!

 

Regards,

 

Dan M

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like I'll be playing catch up for a while! Coming together very nicely. Nice touch with the maps and other small details, that's what sets some models apart from the rest.

 

Nice!

 

Bevan

 

Ps hope the primer didn't fill up the rivet detail too much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...