The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 HK Models Mosquito B Mk.IV

Hi Mal,

From the photo's Erik posted I don't get the impression the camp is inverted... Right?

I know Maciej is involved in drawing the scheme represented in the instructions. I know he does his research well, which caused me to follow blind.

The white tipped grey spinners i also spotted in this profile:

No I'm not suggesting that the camo is wrong, I have seen the camo like this but I worked from the D.H drawing Z98590, which is the same pattern but the colours are transposed I.E. the grey is where the green is (on your model and in the profile) and visa versa. I have had a few requests for camo masks and that's when I noticed this. I thought that it might be a change between bombers and fighter bombers but I can't find conclusive evidence either way. A line up of 105 Sqn MkIVs show the camo this way, but other pics show it with the grey where you have the green, so you are correct. I am trying to pin down a scheme that I want to do with opposite scheme. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Can you describe how you do your washes and scratches in detail? thanks

Well... 

The sequence is pretty standard I think. I only use Mr Hobby paints and start with some pre-shading. Followed by the camo with some tone differences to create some depth and something to look at. For some parts i use the hairspray chipping method. Like the Cookie. (Which means: prime, Alclad, Hairspray, Black) and for other parts i use subtle pencil chipping with a prisma color pencil. Light grey and silver.

Dor the panel lines and streaking i use oils and AK Interactive Panel Line Wash.

Hope this helps!