The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 HK Models Mosquito B Mk.IV

• Administrators

Hi Nick,

I only use Gunze Mr Hobby Acrylics.

The roundel colors I'll check up later today.

@ Erik: I didnt have the decals for this kit and that was the reason for me to get this set.

I am certain however that it is FAR more extensive than the HK decals. They're great and for 11 euro's a pop worth the expense in my opinion.

Cheers,

Jeroen

• Like 1

• Administrators

Cheers guys!

Sprayed a matt coat and am adding scratches. Grey scratches on wooden areas (these were covered in several layers of paint) and silver (on metal areas).

Taking off masks with a wooden pick now..

B7A37EAA-7918-4D79-BD33-CCB7B8CDED3A_zps

A8305F36-0F14-493B-8A77-D02886A5EA45_zps

300ADA2E-90D1-4BAC-9261-AF5CC8BA9FE9_zps

• Like 1

Jeroen, looks superb! Although I have no photographic evidence, it may be that this aircraft flew with Medium Sea Grey spinners that had a white tip. Makes it look even prettier!

The Profimodeller stencils are indeed far more extensive than the kit ones. Sadly, some stencils contain spelling errors - although it's not unknown to see spelling mistakes on actual aircraft, too!

But that the 24 Volt socket is signed as a socked....? Small stencils where the locks for control surfaces have to be placed are labelled as looks, although these are small enough not to stand out too much. But if one knows about it..... ;)

048.jpg

Servicing - 'A' Flight Oakington March 1944 'C' DZ632, one of the early Cookie carriers. This was one of the modified Mosquitoes handed over to 139 Squadron the day 627 moved to Woodhall Spa, where we had no need for 4000lb bomb carrying capacity

From: http://www.627squadron.co.uk/afs-bookpartI-View.htm

126.jpghttp://www.627squadron.co.uk/afs-bookpartI-Devoted.htm

I must say that I cant see the white tips, though...

Very nicely done Jeroen  :D

I'm a bit concerned that I have discovered that there appears to be 2 styles of camo, both the same pattern but colours reversed. My mask set is based on covering the ocean grey, but in the opposite locations to yours and Jim's build (the green!). I have been checking and it does appear to be the case, but I am worried that I have missed something and it is driving me nuts! It is simply a case of using the masks to mask off the green rather than the grey, but I suspect that most would want to paint the grey first? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Worrying about this is the reason that I haven't finished the canopy masks  :unsure:

• Administrators

Jeroen, looks superb! Although I have no photographic evidence, it may be that this aircraft flew with Medium Sea Grey spinners that had a white tip. Makes it look even prettier!

The Profimodeller stencils are indeed far more extensive than the kit ones. Sadly, some stencils contain spelling errors - although it's not unknown to see spelling mistakes on actual aircraft, too!

But that the 24 Volt socket is signed as a socked....? Small stencils where the locks for control surfaces have to be placed are labelled as looks, although these are small enough not to stand out too much. But if one knows about it..... ;)

Damn! Now i know!... 

• Administrators

Very nicely done Jeroen  :D

I'm a bit concerned that I have discovered that there appears to be 2 styles of camo, both the same pattern but colours reversed. My mask set is based on covering the ocean grey, but in the opposite locations to yours and Jim's build (the green!). I have been checking and it does appear to be the case, but I am worried that I have missed something and it is driving me nuts! It is simply a case of using the masks to mask off the green rather than the grey, but I suspect that most would want to paint the grey first? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Worrying about this is the reason that I haven't finished the canopy masks  :unsure:

Hi Mal,

From the photo's Erik posted I don't get the impression the camp is inverted... Right?

I know Maciej is involved in drawing the scheme represented in the instructions. I know he does his research well, which caused me to follow blind.

The white tipped grey spinners i also spotted in this profile:

original_zpsx3yyf1ix.jpg

One thing i am missing on the model is the really small bump or fairing on the nose. See above. Anyone know what it is?

pattern_zps9zrkv8wc.jpg