Idea... missing the large scale ships here. ...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 4/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, belugawhaleman said:

I would like the see someone tackle that big Trumpy Titanic. Now that would be a build

To remember.

I thought about it, but not as Titanic.  To me, Titanic is not only cliché, but also a gravesite, a d I’d never build Titaanic anymore than I’d build a graveyard.

HOWEVER, people forget that Titanic had two almost identical sister ships, Britannic and Olympic.   Both of those ships are extremely interesting.

Britannic never ran as a civilian liner, instead it was impressed by the RN and served with distinction as a Hospital Ship until striking a mine and the Captain desperately trying to beach his ship on a Greek island. The heroic crew saved all but thirty, but only 5 were buried, with most of the rest lost being in two lifeboats that ran through a still turning propellers and were chopped to bits. They had cast off from the ship before the order was given.

Olympic served on the transatlantic run she was designed for, was nicknamed “Old Reliable” for her trouble free service, but time caught up to her and after being hopelessly outdated by newer steam turbine liners, she met her end around WW2 when she was paid off and scrapped. 
also, Olympic served as a troopship, complete with an awesome dazzle paint scheme.

Either one of those amazing Ladies can be built from the Titanic kit.  Britannic in her white hospital ship colors with bold red crosses would make one seriously striking display.

Olympic looks identical to Titanic with the exception of a very minor difference in one of the dining halls and promenades. Not much more than a name and pennant change would create Olympic. 
The Trumpeter kit has MUCH potential IF you let your imagination run…

Britannic….

B40E72A5-706C-4EBC-AC61-F2A47D3D1E4E.jpeg

And Olympic, both in her White Star livery, and her dazzle scheme.  
Pure history here, folks. 

B76D071F-CE80-48DE-B757-AF544B6D669E.jpeg

85717A47-F526-40B3-9D68-453FF4B6C178.jpeg

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I thought about it, but not as Titanic.  To me, Titanic is not only cliché, but also a gravesite, a d I’d never build Titaanic anymore than I’d build a graveyard.

HOWEVER, people forget that Titanic had two almost identical sister ships, Britannic and Olympic.   Both of those ships are extremely interesting.

Britannic never ran as a civilian liner, instead it was impressed by the RN and served with distinction as a Hospital Ship until striking a mine and being beached to avoid loss of life. The heroic crew saved all but three. 
Olympic served on the transatlantic run she was designed for, was nicknamed “Old Reliable” for her trouble free service, but time caught up to her and after being hopelessly outdated by newer steam turbine liners, she met her end around WW2 when she was paid off and scrapped. 
also, Olympic served as a troopship, complete with an awesome dazzle paint scheme.

Either one of those file Ladies can be built from the Titanic kit.  Britannic in her white hospital ship colors with bold red crosses would make one seriously striking display.

Olympic looks identical to Titanic with the exception of a very minor difference in one of the dining halls and promenades. Not much more than a name and pennant change would create Olympic. 
The Trumpeter kit has MUCH potential IF you let your imagination run…

Britannic….

B40E72A5-706C-4EBC-AC61-F2A47D3D1E4E.jpeg

I agree, the Britannic in her hospital ship livery would be far more interesting. I never thought

of that option.

Thanks;

Paul

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

I agree, the Britannic in her hospital ship livery would be far more interesting. I never thought

of that option.

Thanks;

Paul

Do it, Paul.  Both those ships and those who served on them are heroic war heroes.  I’ll probably do it someday as well.

The extra deck machinery on Britannic makes for some interesting model making.

But there’s absolutely zero fought both those ships are Harland and Wolff creations.

31 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Do it, Paul.  Both those ships and those who served on them are heroic war heroes.  I’ll probably do it someday as well.

The extra deck machinery on Britannic makes for some interesting model making.

But there’s absolutely zero fought both those ships are Harland and Wolff creations.

I'd love to make that kit, especially in Britanic form, but I'm too poor and lazy to accomplish such a grand project. I'm interested to know what the extra deck hardware

Was. I remember seeing a documentary on the Britanic that featured  actual

underwater footage of the wreck and interview of a survivor. She was a nurse. This

Was many years ago. I think it was a Jacques Cousteau special. If I remember correctly,

the ship was laying on its side and was in not too deep water. Anyway, thanks for

giving something to think about.

Regards;

Paul.

• Administrators

Paul, you can see deck equipment, derricks, racks, and davits for a multitude of boats. I assume some of those are rescue launches and others are extra lifeboats. 
I’m not surprised she’s in shallow water. They tried hard to beach her, but fell slightly short.

• Like 1