The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa Bf 109 G-2/R-6 - Yellow 10 Hans Döbrich Finland 1943

This is the 1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109 G-2/R-6, built as yellow 10 "Mickey Mouse", flown by Fw Hans Döbrich, JG5, Finland Feb 1943. 

It was a reasonably quick build in order to continue my practice on Luftwaffe schemes.  Apologies to the Experten for any mistakes!

The build was mostly OOB with addition of HAD decals and a harness from the stash.  So it's the kit spinner, exhausts, wheels, etc. 

It was painted with a mix of Mr Color for the standard RLM 74/75/76 and oversprayed winter camo was Tamiya acrylics. 

Weathering with mostly oils.  Post-shading was done with redbrown/black mix and tamiya X-19 smoke in some places.  and flat coat applied was Gaia Ex-04 (good stuff). 

No WIP for this build.  No new information to add to the wealth of excellent Bf 109 builds on LSM, and mine was a fairly typical Hasegawa 109 build process.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out either ;)   I think the bar is pretty high and building the ultimate 109 is like writing the great novel.  I've still got a way to go. 

Here's the pics. 

DSC_0228_zpscvgrjucg.jpg

DSC_0275_zpshseqonrt.jpg

DSC_0231_zps38k5aos7.jpg

DSC_0268_zpsanvwwtco.jpg

DSC_0273_zpsezcbk5bz.jpg

DSC_0245_zps58ql0kgy.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

Cheers, 

Tim

• Like 4

Beautiful 109! :)

I must get myself a few of those Hasegawa 109s also...before I run out of 109s :rolleyes:

Thanks! True - musn't run out of 109 kits.. it's funny that without planning it, the 109 is by far the most numerous type in my stash.. - the Hasegawa kits are a great canvas.. can do little or a lot.

Hey Tim, thats superb. The winter scheme is spot on. Very nice. How were the Had decals? Been looking at them as they have some unusual schemes

Aaron

Thanks Aaron! The HAD decals were nice and yep agreed - some great schemes. They didn't seem to have a lot of adhesive? I had to replace the upper wing balkenkreuz. Could've been my fault. Colours are also very bright so you might want to use tamiya smoke to tone them down.

Tim