Next on the way:

mychop0001_zps006e54b4.jpg

Saturday night ride:

vrscr.jpg

Around towner:

hondafun0001_zpsafggylex.jpg

Just came back in without any salmon:

2015-05-07%2017.30.16_zps0x1cs4kd.jpg

As well as custom fabrication of any kind of sign you are able to think of,and many other items as well, specializing in s/s..

Pretty much covers the hobby thing.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Let’s revive this thread. 

Many here know me from my TOS days, and like Jeroen, I’m a shootist and collector of historically significant firearms.  Main interests lie in the FN FAL and it’s numerous variants, plus Georg Luger’s masterpiece, the incomparable P08, and last but not least, the firearms of the old American West. (Think Quigley Down Under, Clint Eastwood and John Wayne type stuff. 

Plus I’m been an avid motorcyclist my entire life, and also enjoy dabbling in 1950’s American automobiles. 

• Like 7

Unfortunately I don't have another exciting hobby like you guys...

:construction:

I just simply collect Gold Coins and Silver Coins and Rare coins from the Royal Mint  .

And rare books if I can..

:omg:  ....

Gentlemen   .. you all have FANTASTIC hobbies.

Nice to be here.

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 8/16/2018 at 4:46 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Let’s revive this thread. 

Many here know me from my TOS days, and like Jeroen, I’m a shootist and collector of historically significant firearms.  Main interests lie in the FN FAL and it’s numerous variants, plus Georg Luger’s masterpiece, the incomparable P08, and last but not least, the firearms of the old American West. (Think Quigley Down Under, Clint Eastwood and John Wayne type stuff. 

Plus I’m been an avid motorcyclist my entire life, and also enjoy dabbling in 1950’s American automobiles. 

Here’s my new FAL (or rather SLR british), Lee Enfield and Yamaha fz8

EFD7797C-6715-48D9-B98B-CFABC9C44B8E.jpeg9B3B8042-A21B-4E72-B85C-4CCD99770917.jpeg1B55A3B3-37AE-479F-B751-C0DAB6CBA670.jpeg6B595C1F-399C-4BF3-9AC4-FA3153FDAA8A.jpeg

• Like 7

We have two English Cocker Spaniels. This, my Wife's hobby of keeping a marine reef fishtank, and trying to slowly renovate our little 3 bedroom house leaves very little time for much of anything else.

20180120_163241.thumb.jpg.704330e077c9de8bcc0d4b49c9b2e8f1.jpg

The Sable is my Wife's girl. She has very strong prey drive, and I have her to the point now where she will sit when she sights Bird on the ground. She retrieves reliably and has excellent recall. Hunting for sport is banned here in Queensland, however the Sporting shooters Assn has a local group that meets with Gun Dogs where they have retrieving Trials; they shoot a blank gun and fire a dummy Mallard for the Dog to sight and retrieve to the Handler, and then time the results. I am inbetween getting them into this or possibly Lure Coursing / Agility, as my girl (Black and White) is quite headstrong, and we want an activity that both Dogs can participate in. 

Poppy sitting for Bird on this morning's walk.

20180818_092130.thumb.jpg.ab756936ee162eaccee84611d0097b39.jpg

S

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Some bikers here, great. I sold my motorcycle in Berlin when I left the City. It was a KTM-950 SM and I loved it, raw power and nearly no weight and a sound like a Harley Davidson on Speed.

Now living on an Island full of steep hills and great nature I own these two fellows. Yeah, they are pure bench time stealers, but I do lots of sports for contrast and mountainbiking is one of them.

The one with the Motor is brand new and has to be ridden in the next days. There are so many brutally steep uphills, that I decieded for going with extra power, just to have more choices and range. The other one is trusted and dusty and will be used in future too, it's just not the same thing for the ego do have it done with motor support ;).

Cheers Rob

P1140520.thumb.JPG.56da7fe9215761b7e753a16b25f9c73b.JPGP1140527.thumb.JPG.f0bff6b0d71e6204fb548d43ea804bab.JPG

• Like 6

11 hours ago, GusMac said:

Nice looking bikes Rob. The motor seems like a good idea.

There's some great mountain biking country around us here in Scotland but I suspect you have the better deal weather-wise!

Thanx Gus, from my Scotland trip, some years ago I know that you have great MTB possibilities, not to speak About the destilleries ;) on the way. Isle of Skye must be a paradise to ride. Weather wise it is a clear yes and no. Normally you are right, but this year seems to be different, It's to cold here lots of wind and hanging clouds in the mountains.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Rob, Skye and the Lochaber area around Fort William are 2 of the best biking areas around. Fort William often features on the world tour.

As is often said, the rain we get provides the raw materials for the distilleries. If you ever make it back to Scotland I can recommend Arran for the cycling and the whisky.

• Like 5

Arran sounds like a place to check out, but Whisky wise I'm more an Islay guy. I go with the LaLa twins, Lagavulin and Laphroaig ;). However many of the other  Scotish distilleries produce a decent dram.
As for cycling, I made the first real test drive with the E-MTB today. I was going one of my favourite offroad tracks near my house UPHILL. Until today I thought that would be impossible. It's just great and exhausting and needs  way more concentration, because of the lack of stupid Asphalt bound uphill cycling.
And now I'm off for a week, because of a nice little surf trip, hopefully with great waves.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GusMac said:

Rob, Skye and the Lochaber area around Fort William are 2 of the best biking areas around. Fort William often features on the world tour.

As is often said, the rain we get provides the raw materials for the distilleries. If you ever make it back to Scotland I can recommend Arran for the cycling and the whisky.

Someone say WHISKY ??...........Harv  :wub:

• Like 1