The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

GB : LVG C.VI converted to a Post War Limo

guitarlute101

Hi everyone,

Here is some more progress. I decided to make a template to transfer the shapes of the door and windows on to the model. I taped transfer paper and the scale profile to a piece of .020 plastic........................

Then I cut the door and windows out of the template and checked them with the scale profile.....................

Then I lined the template up on the model using the front and bottom edge of the vac part and taped it down. Then I used a thin red sharpie to draw the shapes from the template onto the model...............................................

More soon,

Mark

• Like 3

Thanks guys!

No problem James, I plan on making a few more vac parts and rudder decals so anyone who is interested in the vac part and rudder decals should just send me a PM with your name and address so I can get an idea of how many to make. I want to finish this build first then I will make the parts and get them out once I know how much it will cost me.

Glad you guys are enjoying the build as much as I am!

Mark

• Like 1

That looks really cool too Seiran!

Next on the list is to modify the cockpit control panel to cover the opening of the gun and I'll be replacing the Starting Magneto with the awesomely detailed Taurus Models replacement.................

IMG_1028_zpsb04s0ixt.jpg

Once I have that done I will do the interior woodwork using Uschi's wood grain decals....................

IMG_1029_zpscgnvqpei.jpg

Mark

Hi everyone!

I've extended the passenger area flooring...............................

..and I decided to remove all of the raised instrument bezel detail from the cockpit instrument panel. I'll be replacing them with Aeroclub bezels..........

Mark

Hi everyone,

I've had little time to model this week but I did get to add some detail to the bottom of the seats and drill and pin them together...................

..and I think I found some curtain material for the interior......

Mark

• Like 2

I'm not sure if there is any point in joining the Group Build Comp with this in the mix! Absolutely fantastic job and it's coming together beautifully. I can't wait to see the 'coach works' after you've painted her!

Many thanks for the compliments Far East! It is very kind of you to check in and leave a comment for me.

I must encourage you to join in the GB with a build, there are many subjects to choose from and it would be great to see your build.

Mark

Mark,

Many thanks, however I'm not sure if I want to venture in to the competitive building world. Having spent 2 decades racing bikes professionally I know that as soon as

I get the taste of competition building under my skin I will stop building for my own personal pleasure and critique but for others and that defeats the purpose of wwhy I took it  up.

However I love the posts here so keep them coming!

Mark,

Many thanks, however I'm not sure if I want to venture in to the competitive building world. Having spent 2 decades racing bikes professionally I know that as soon as

I get the taste of competition building under my skin I will stop building for my own personal pleasure and critique but for others and that defeats the purpose of wwhy I took it  up.

However I love the posts here so keep them coming!

Hi Far East,

I understand. I've been following along with your builds and they are stunning, you are quite the talent, I hope you don't mind if I pick up some tips from you here and there.

I just got word that the decals will be ready soon. I'm looking forward to getting them and I think I will have some PE made for a few detail parts. Good thing I have until December 15th to finish the build!

Mark

• Like 2