The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models DH Mosquito...............but not as we know it Jim.

Jeroen,

As far as I know the landinggear was the same throughout the operational life of the Mosquito. This was one of the few types that were

"right" from the start. Apart from the nacelles, wingtips, and short span horizontal tailplane the basic airframe didn't change.

Cees

• Like 1

Jeroen,

As far as I know the landinggear was the same throughout the operational life of the Mosquito. This was one of the few types that were

"right" from the start. Apart from the nacelles, wingtips, and short span horizontal tailplane the basic airframe didn't change.

Cees

I thought some of the tubing in front of the u/c legs were modified during production?

Don't know about tubing on the landinggear but with heavier loads carried I would suspect some beefing up of the undercart was

Needed.

Just finished bringing the gap on the flappies, following by a heavy sanding session later.

Sander Schuurmans

• Like 1

No worries Ralp, I had to work anyway :D

Yesterday evening I spent some hours trying to nail the very subtle rear nacelle shape using a plastic card template.

But the shape is very very subtle so gave up. But I have found a 1/48 scale drawing in the Scale Modellers Datafile

which will be of great help. Too easy is boring isn't it :huh:

Cees

• 4 weeks later...