The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

converting the HK Models prototype Lancaster into a Manchester.

Repairing the undercarriage. This is the Lancasters full assembly as they were similar apart from the smaller tyres. One attachment point remains missing. The search is on.

Cees

20160503_202119_zpsnvaa3gsb.jpg

• Like 1

I do, when I did the 1/48 conversion I could never have thought a 1/32 Lancaster would be possible.

Today I have sculpted the dorsal turret's taboo fairing. This was intended to prevent the gunner to shoot

off his own tail. This is the rough shape using that wonderful milliput. Later this will be shaped to a

shalllower profile.

I noticed that this thread has a high number of views but relative few responses. Come on, if any of

you have any tips or opinions don't be shy.

Cheers

Cees

20160505_192620_zpslvkdfanl.jpg

Only the dorsal and tailturrets Gus,

The dorsal version is the earlier FN7, or egg shaped turret as used on the early Stirling and Sunderland. The tail is the FN4 also

used on the Whitley. These have to be completely newmade using crashforming. Never done that before so if anyone has any

tips, feel free to spread the word.

Cees

Thanks. But everyone can do this as the interest in a certain subject is addictive.

Spent some time shaping the taboo track. Only finishing off to do next. just remove what is not needed.

Cees

The central fin was a steel tube framework covered with fabric. To represent the linnen ribtapes I put thin strips of Tamiya tape on. With a rivetting tool the stitchings will hopefully ve represented and then a coat of mr surfacer to seal everything in. Simple but effective.

Hope you like it

Cees