The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Post your Completed Messerschmitt builds here!

That's why I always drove beemers, Grant! Can't trust those Daimler-Benz guys!

Yeah ! Too dodgy, have you seen the way they put their engines in upside down? Well I ask you! Just looking for trouble aren't they? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That IS pretty Mike, I always like the way you pose the model for the finishing shots .. superb.  You've either got a terrific view from the house or a bloody big postcard to shoot against !!!

The APU is a nice touch as well.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi I have started to get a background for this Bf 109 I am planning to hang my future build on the wall.

SAM_1055_zpsa2b1e8b1.jpg
They are getting bigger and I have more space on the wall then on the floor lol.
and so I can place some in my living room and change them from time to time.
Now what to put on the background I thought it would be nice if I painted some of the pilot special nose art and name.
I send a Email to Eduard but the decals were done by some one else so how to get a good picture of the swallow I found one on the Net very pixelated and I needed to blow it up even further lol.

SAM_1057_zps8ff3a9cb.jpg
Now I did this in widow paint and printed it out I then used a pencil and try to sharpen the out lines of the colors after that I used a fine black marker to even make more sharp before I cut out all the lines so I get a bit of idea were to cut.
After that I first made a base of black and not the easy way but by this way I have less overspray damage.
Now as you see the paint mask I used is normal paper so it will blow under every where lol.
now to sharpen this up and I used a paintbrush and all ready done White and Orange this week hope to do the Blue and the name of the Pilot and make the back ground less White.

SAM_1047_zps3fe6adba.jpg

Have Fun

johan bos

• Like 3