The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried with the photo hosting agent to get the pics sorted here to NO avail.

You can see the work to date an other forums:

Des' WW1 aircraft forum , and Britmodeller.

As my year winds down ,and final Christmas gifts are finished an picked up , delivered , I look to the modelling situation and find a small number of seemingly abandoned projects. Never abandoned , but set aside for future consideration  , the work never leaves my mind.

Guys here are looking like they want to get on with things rather than have go's at each other.

A Gotha is poised for some killer work , which will begin the day after Christmas. A clear paln is in place , easily 50% of the work is done , there are components for the work all over my shop , including the jig , holding the top wing for the work needed there:

IMG-6298.jpg

Larger components poised for work:

IMG-6272.jpg

Recent work :

IMG-6196.jpg

IMG-6297.jpg

IMG-6252.jpg

First up will be the painting of the undersides and lining up the masks for the 5 color handpainted polygonal night camo;

IMG-2993.jpg

Gratuitous magpie shots:

IMG-5095.jpg

IMG-5132.jpg

Thanks for looking and please look at the work as suggested on the other forums.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks boys!

Work re-commences with the major seam created by the top wing cementing. DB worked too well as some glue oozed into the strut mounting holes , easily cleared away with a drill:

IMG-6417.jpg

Strongly recommend a jig or holder of some sort:

IMG-6418.jpg

I decided masks to help alleviate paint build up on the rigging 'balls'  were in order. Working on those and dealing with Boxing Day customers...

• Like 2

Phil , GD32 - Thanks for lookin'!

One thing I do is go back and add to posts as the work progress'. I'll do that here with the underside paint work.

Starting with ivory acrylic primer:

IMG-6422.jpg

IMG-6423.jpg

Balls masked:

IMG-6437.jpg

Royal blue:

IMG-6448.jpg

IMG-6446.jpg

IMG-6447.jpg

I like it 'speckly' like that , not too fine a spray.

How a jig works:

IMG-6443.jpg

Almost straight white to begin knocking them down:

IMG-6450.jpg

A  custom light blue mix gets us almost there :

IMG-6453.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah , I'll take these:

IMG-6470.jpg

IMG-6469.jpg

Masked and painted with masks developed 4 or 5 years ago.....

Sealing with the 50/50 Future/IPA mix shows its worth as not a single rib tape was pulled off. Masks were kept damp and only the very edge pressed home with a burnishing tool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even moving slowly , taking notes , checking continuously , trying to think of all possibilities I can still bugger it up.

Specifically all of the nice work on the wing center section underside. A marathon exam , procedure and finish got me to the point of tying the 3 piece wing section together with some engine grime and oil splatters.

IMG-6512.jpg

IMG-6513.jpg

I'll see about wheel splatter next , hopefully I can seal it all up today and get the assy turned right side up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Still working out the underside bomb rack area. I pencilled in some panel lines , completely spurious , but I felt the plywood undersection would be in a few pieces. I also added some p/e gauge bezels for the inevitable rack mounts:

IMG-6548.jpg

• Like 2