The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster B Mk I/III

kkarlsen

Hello Guys. Wohoo! The finished Lanc diorama was awarded 1. prize in the diorama category on Sunday, at this years AROS open scale modelling contest.

This one started out as nothing more than some testing and practicing on the Lanc surfaces almost tree years ago, when I heard about the upcoming kit in 1/32 scale from HK Models.  I'm really happy that I was able to finish this, for the year of RAF's 100th birthday.

7698-180918081657-139962474.jpeg

7698-180918081657-139982431.jpeg

7698-180918081658-139991442.jpeg

7698-180918081658-140002191.jpeg

Thanks for looking:

Cheers: Kent

• Like 7

Hi Kent, this is an exceptional piece of art you made. Everything from the figures, the paintjob, the setting even the size of the base is perfect. I guess you should have become a movie director, because your work always looks like a snapshot taken from a movie and that is a very special talent, Chapeau.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Dude!  that is the absolute/bar-none/most amazing stressed metal finish I have ever seen on a model. 

I've looked at a lot of 'tutorials' for the stressed/tin canning look, and not one looks as realistic as yours.

Motivating as hell!

Gaz

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kent...

ooh LOVE the scaffold  and the accessories which  you have constructed  in your inimitable style  which I can say is meticulous and Flawlessly Neat.

CONGRATULATIONS  on your FIRST PRIZE in the Diorama category at AROS ..

:unworthy:

Well deserved and all of it is just blooming INCREDIBLE to see.. Thank you.

:respect::unworthy:  always enjoy your contribution...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm new here and just checking around the forum . . . 

Superb work on the Lancaster  Kent and I am intrigued with the foil covering. I shall have to look in to that process

More over, where do the aircrew figures come from and what plans have you for the bomb trolley as I too would like to build some for my Lancaster.

I am also trying to create a diorama for my Lancaster and these item are included  . . . .

My scratched engine trestle's and scratch Bedford OXD

29704318374_4951107f67_z.jpg

26939929017_0cd7503c44_z.jpg

Thanks for sharing Kent

David

• Like 3

7698-301218114018.jpeg

Sorry but I haven't got any photos of the build. Guess I was in a hurry to finish up the diorama...

The frame is made from styrene sheet/profiles. For the wheels I made a master, a silicone mold and then they were cast in resin...

7698-301218115015-145321481.jpeg

Cheers: Kent 

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Crikey- just hooked into this- yeah I know well after the fact but, was looking into getting the Tamiya 1:48 Lanc (after refinishing my 20 yo airfix 1:72 version, and having a play with a current Revell 1:72 version - ive fallen in love with the Lanc!)  Unfortunately, I  read some average reviews on the Tamiya- then I saw this!  

Your commitment and skill in fitting the aluminium skin is commendable and the finish is so realistic!!  Im so envious!

It goes to show that its not the quality of the model that counts, but the quality of the modeller-

I salute you sir!

Id love to have to have a go, but fear my effort would look like a roll of used tinfoil...