The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell bf 109g 6 Elias Kuhlein white 7

Here is the Revell cockpit with cables, pipes and fuel lines added Tally ho instrument decals and eduard etch seat belts Elias Kuhlein g6 white 7 with the eyes on the gun bulges will upload some more pics soon

20160315_221458.jpg20160315_223120.jpg20160315_223056.jpg

• Like 8

That's a very nice start. Never seen the green seat belts on German aircraft before.

Two instrument panels? Are you doing two kits

simultaneously?

Really like the weathering.

Cees

Hi Cees I have the G10 as well and I am doing both but the g10 I am picking bits out to do at the same time. The belts I have copied from hgw set my green has popped a bit in the picture I may tone it down a tad cheers Darren
  • Like 3

Looks good but could you add some punctuation to your sentences because I have a hard time reading them...

Like this:

Looks good, but could you add some punctuation to your sentences? I have a hard time reading them...

• Like 2

Looks good but could you add some punctuation to your sentences because I have a hard time reading them...

Like this:

Looks good, but could you add some punctuation to your sentences? I have a hard time reading them...

I will, sorry! I do apologise for my laziness.

Hi All,

I would like to start with a quick apology having not been to active in the last year on here.

Back in March last year my wife had a car accident, I am glad to say that no one was badly hurt, unfortunately the car was a right off.

So having 4 kids at home and a wife a little poorly my modelling took a back seat, so not to let the grass grow under my feet I started collecting a few kits. Well the good lady had already brought me the revell g10, and I now own 8 kits, can I class this as a stash?

So we get to September last year and I am about to start the g10 and I get made redundant, oh boy.....

We'll they say one door closes and another opens, I now have a new job and couldn't be happier. So let's not bore you anymore.

This is the g6 my favourite ww2 fighter aircraft, the g10 is under way too.

This is my second 1/32 scale model, so I guess I will make a few mistakes along the way, but I hope you enjoy the build.

I have riveted the fuse, stating to fill the seams, and interestingly I hung the brass mgs and pitot tube above a ammonia bath for 4hrs until browny black in colour and a quick varnish to seal and looks good i think.

Elias%20Kuhlein_1.jpg

20160325_210202.jpg

20160325_205402.jpg20160325_205448.jpg20160325_205255_1.jpg20160319_144348.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Quick update, spinner modified, tail wheel boot added, Brassin landing gear and a few other bits painted.

Wings riveted and built separately, found this to be a perfect fit to main frame. Cheers Darren.20160416_143145.jpg20160416_143713.jpg20160416_143223.jpg20160416_143702.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks all, Dennis. E all is good now thank you.

I am wondering whether to paint the wings and fuselage separately, the fit is that good having the wings made up individually not as the instructions. I will end up with a little seam close to exhaust wing route, easily filled and hidden with weathering and exhaust staining.

I have been sent a profile picture from Claes Sundin of this aircraft, and love Claes's interpretation, colour's and weathering, i can't wait to put some paint on.

Delamere's Delamere's

When you said you have modified the spinner Darren, what did you actually do? The Wife has just released the purse strings long enough for me to dive in and come up with the Revell 32 scale G-6..I would like to use your thread as an instructional tome, if you will.One other thing Darren...I see you have added a few bits and bobs to the cockpit area; could you please outline in a little more detail what was added and how? What paints did you use here? Kind Regards, Dennis

• Like 1

When you said you have modified the spinner Darren, what did you actually do? The Wife has just released the purse strings long enough for me to dive in and come up with the Revell 32 scale G-6..I would like to use your thread as an instructional tome, if you will.One other thing Darren...I see you have added a few bits and bobs to the cockpit area; could you please outline in a little more detail what was added and how? What paints did you use here? Kind Regards, Dennis

Hi Dennis, if I can help you in anyway I will. Just to let you know this is my first go at this model and I am not 100% sure how this will end up , I can however say on this site you will see some great build threads on bf 109s and to me some of the best modeller's out there. Also a great review of this kit by Mikester and Matt highlighting all the things you need to know. My cockpit has some lead solder wire running through it, place cards, masking tape for foot pedals and straps. I made a small switch under the dash from different gauge wire, also I would punch out the dials and place in. The spinner was built, again not as instructions the blades were added after I had the spinner built, seam was filled riveting added, and new seam scribed in, the cannon was made using ferrel crimps. See pic. Paint colours I am working on, I use tamiya acrylics my own mixes, again some great advice on mixes on this site. I have quick boost joystick, barracuda oil cooler, Brassin landing gear. 20160430_162848.jpg20160430_163700.jpg20160430_163755.jpg

My rlm 76 mix is 10ml tamiya xf-2 (1x jar) 3x drops x-5, and 3 drops xf-66, this is new for me I guess it's marmite. Hope this helps

Darren (cb)

Ps, as you can see I have decided to do the wings not on the fuselage, I am liking it so far.

JP might get jealous my wings are off. But they will be on soon

• Like 3

Thankyou so much for the advice and offer of help Darren - I will be tagging along here and learning from you. I have also seen the Panzer (If memory serves me correctly) and your weathering there was simply awesome.We are so fortunate to have probably the world's finest modelers working on this site, their projects which serve to give one the encouragement to take one's project to the 'next level'.I am pretty sure Jeroen has an entire Luftwaffe squadron in his basement, from which he removes wee pieces to add to his projects!. Thanks again Darren, I am grateful for the aid of a fellow modeler in bettering my efforts!

• Like 1

Ok some fun stuff, under wing crosses on and filters applied, scuffs and all. Liking my 76, took me a week to perfect mix ( I was stalling at this point) so once filters were added left me with the colour I was hoping for.

Auxiliary section built as one piece see pic, don't forget the 4 hole's to get perfect alignment, this should pop in nicely at the end.

Fuselage getting some 76 layers, but after a filter was applied.

Revisited rear landing gear boot with new one.

Thanks for the comments all, glad your liking this build.20160502_102316.jpg20160502_102420.jpg20160502_102717.jpg20160501_135720.jpg20160501_130733_1.jpg20160430_163145.jpg

• Like 2