The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ta-152H-0 awaiting restoration at the NASM

Jeroen...

The higher Hakenkreuz was added later at Wright Field once in the U.S. There are extant photos of the airframe taken after British capture which show only the R.A.F. fin flash and the original cross painted over. But of course, both are visible for the purposes of you build.

As for Jim... no Pots or Kettles, but his Facebook page shows many Irons in the fire

S

• Administrators

Jeroen...

The higher Hakenkreuz was added later at Wright Field once in the U.S. There are extant photos of the airframe taken after British capture which show only the R.A.F. fin flash and the original cross painted over. But of course, both are visible for the purposes of you build.

As for Jim... no Pots or Kettles, but his Facebook page shows many Irons in the fire

S

Thank you!

Looked at some more photo's from right after the capture and see what you mean.

Yesterday I spotted that the english markings were painted over the large cross and didn't quite understand. Now i do.

Jim's builds cannot be compared to mine, since he gets a lot off magazine commission requests. In that sense he also builds 48th scale (which aren't featured here on the forum) and is not always allowed by the magazines to post during the build. 

He and I are very close friends bound by black humour, which can sometimes cause confusion :)))

Anyhoo! I'm going to spray the second and larger swastika now and perhaps the english markings later on today.

I will add the white outline of the higher swastika later with a white pencil.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Excellent progress, we are on the lookout for more surprising advances of a great work done in the model. A question where you choose the information on how the wings are mounted on the wood transport greetings.

Hi Jorge,

The cradle the wings and fuselage will rest on are american made and designed to store the Ta152 until restoration commences. 

All the info i have on them are from the walk around photo's you see in this topic...

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

Wow Jeroen, i like those wheatering you did on the markings.

Very interesting project, i'm curious about the rest of the build.

Greetz

danny

Wow, what an inspiring build and paintjob. It must be a lot of fun to think about the different layers of worn paint and stressed metal.

I start to think about to change my started BF-109 E into something similar. I took some Photos of a BF-109 E7 which landed on a frozen lake after a fight with a Hurricane. The landing was perfect but the ice didn't hold and the Messerschmitt was taken out of the lake in 2003 and is now part of the Chino Planes of Fame Museum.

So Maybe, maybe, maybeeeee, ...

P1070462_zpsdmntbcf8.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, James H said:

I like the wings fading, but does this look the same as the fuse will?

After Rick sends me some intel I'll know what to do.

This is only the first original Luftwaffe layer. At least two layers to follow including markings. 

19 minutes ago, JeroenPeters said:

After Rick sends me some intel I'll know what to do.

This is only the first original Luftwaffe layer. At least two layers to follow including markings. 

PM inbound!

• Like 1