Welcome to Large Scale Modeller

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

36 posts in this topic

Great work Rick, that is looking very sick. (my kids say that)

"what does it mean "

Great Dad!

Cheers Coolbox!

oh yeah, I'm well schooled on kid linguistics. 

I hope to continue better and more recovered, great work and interesting, I really liked the bays of the landing gear, pending further progress, kind regards.

Cheers Jorge.

That's looking Great Rick!!! 

Thanks Jonathan.  Progress in small steps. 

To say I have a love hate relationship with photo etch is an understatement.  Using Eduard's interior the seat an belts are put together.  Textile belts, RB and HGW, have spoiled me so.

TRU_P40Seat.04.jpg

Seat bended, folded painted and some light weathering along with the lap belts.  Now to do some aggressive bending and secure with epoxy.

TRU_P40Seat.02.jpg

Belts bended and secured with epoxy.

TRU_P40Seat.01.jpg

Apologizes for crummy pics.  Some final touch up and weathering then on to final cockpit work.

I really like the way you working to improve the cockpit interior Rick. I'm a great fan of Eduard stuff, anytime someone use this stuff you really see the difference. Great pilot seat also. Same go's for me, working with pe, gives me sometimes shivers, but on the other hand, when the work is done, i'm a happy guy.

Can you tell me what kind of problems go's with this kit??

Greetz

Danny

I really like the way you working to improve the cockpit interior Rick. I'm a great fan of Eduard stuff, anytime someone use this stuff you really see the difference. Great pilot seat also. Same go's for me, working with pe, gives me sometimes shivers, but on the other hand, when the work is done, i'm a happy guy.

Greetz

Danny

Danny,

I'll respond later.  I'm up to my ears with all things parenting, all good.  I have plenty to say so far...tail plane, wheels, cockpit.  Later....

Kit came without N-2A gunsight so it's back to some scratchin'.

TRU_P40N-2A.02.JPG

2.4mm styrene tube with a .3mm x 2.0mm strip wrapped around top for lens.  Then a 2.5mm disc and 2.0mm disc are punched out of styrene card and placed on top of lens cover to replicate removable cap.  Cap strap created using a piece of flattened out .3mm lead wire.

A 1mm rod is slid inside the tube to serve as a mounting pin.

TRU_P40N-2A.01.JPG

TRU_P40N-2A.03.JPG

TRU_P40N-2A.04.JPG

Test fits looks good.  It's hard to see, trust me it's there, the lens cover cap is touched off with a secure nut punched out of styrene card.

N-2A gunsight complete.

TRU_P40N-2A.07.jpg

Bottom is painted NATO Black and the removable cap is Alclad Duraluminum.  I added some cockpit stencils.  Assumption there was a "remove before flight" note on the cap.  Meh, close enough.

TRU_P40N-2A.06.jpg

Detail picked out with panel line wash.

Gun Charger handles.

TRU_P40_GunChargers.04.jpg

The gnat size Eduard handles were just that...gnat size.  I made my own with some .5mm styrene rods.

TRU_P40_GunChargers.01.jpg

Painted NATO Black.

TRU_P40_GunChargers.02.jpg

Trim and install...wait for it.

TRU_P40_GunChargers.03.jpg

After I installed the handles I was feeling real proud of myself.  I opened my reference book to discover these handles were RED.  :BANGHEAD2:

They will remain NATO Black.

coolboxx likes this

On 2/21/2017 at 5:23 PM, DannyVM said:

Greetz

Danny

So sorry for response delay Danny.  I got sidetracked and completely forgot.  Apologies, please.

The issues I have discovered to date:

• Heavy riveting on the tail plane
  • Heavy opening for the formation lights
  • Cockpit depth is too short
  • Main wheels are a multi piece assembly nightmare

More details on issues when I bring this back to the bench.  I hope to resume on this and the A6M2b this summer.  Stay tuned.