The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

4 July 1989, Russian MIG 23MF Flogger-B crash in Belgium.

Guest DannyVM

Guest DannyVM

Thank's Rob for the encouraging words. Indeed, life isn't sometime easy, but thing's came to an positive vibe so i am back among the living.:D

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Time for some progress photo's guy's:whistle: 

Some work needed to be done regarding painting the cockpit of the MIG 23, so today, i worked myself true the whole process until the cockpit was completely painted.

A nice Belgian beer (the best in the world) and some tasty Olives with Goat cheese, and of we go.

ZGlfoDTh.jpg

Some part's where previous done before. This is how the cockpit looked with all part's glued.

Na2ynJ0h.jpg

Ejection seat isn't glued yet.

AbdVi9Th.jpg

Aje9QMLh.jpg

veDVRuqh.jpg

BNu10Ooh.jpg

IP without a wash.

EB3KYGJh.jpg

wq21I2Nh.jpg

hxW2mGCh.jpg

And with the wash applied.

yq2obuah.jpg

MtgLenVh.jpg

xvZzuQWh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Hi Danny, good to see the Flogger back underway. Sorry to hear about your job situation. Seems very unfair to lose your livelihood because of a simple accident.

Thank's mate for the encouraging word's:thumbsup2:

Thing's are back on track, so for now, i will enjoy my three weeks vacation and then i start at my new job.

Greetz

Danny

Don't drink and fly, Danny at least the goat cheese won't be a problem, but where to go with the pips in that crammed pit :D?
It looks so well used, like some pilot lived in it for several years. I love this torqouise color. The guy who invented that must have had a few beers to many either :lol:.

If u stay with the used look, I have something for you.

P1080705.thumb.JPG.2753b896ef8fe94cf64f66073eda4c8e.JPGP1080714.thumb.JPG.fa9ca5e5cb77214ae94b1398517db799.JPGP1080720.thumb.JPG.9bba6c31d5af367afa69b1de8a88a61d.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

Hi Danny,

Great work, the details on that pit are incredible. Great work on the resin cone.

Good luck with your new job also. 

Thank's mate for the nice comment's.:thumbsup2:

Don't drink and fly, Danny at least the goat cheese won't be a problem, but where to go with the pips in that crammed pit :D?
It looks so well used, like some pilot lived in it for several years. I love this torqouise color. The guy who invented that must have had a few beers to many either :lol:.

If u stay with the used look, I have something

Hmmmmm..........one is no problem Rob:wine:

I really like well worn pit's, after all they where used so well, nothing stayed new, if i'm correct??

Great pic's, did u shot them your-self and where did you shoot them??

Greetz

Danny

Thanks Danny, the photos where taken by me two years ago at a place called Luftfahrtmuseum Finowfurt 50km north of my old hometown Berlin. It is an abandoned airfield, which was used through the Second World War. Later it was a base used by the German Democratic Republic. Since 1991 it was transformed as a museum. Since I'm from West Berlin there was no access for me to that airfield before it became a museum (and the wall went down) :lol:.

It was my first visit there and they have some really interesting planes on show, some of them in let's call it suboptimal condition, like that Flogger.

Some more pics are to be found in my threat (and I will add some more later): 

Link to the Museum: http://www.luftfahrtmuseum-finowfurt.de/

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

Time to post some more progress. This will be the last update before i leave tomorrow for Italia.

After the cockpit was painted, and the front wheel bay also, it was time to install the cockpit and wheel bay into the forward fuselage.

5zOYvZRh.jpg

fdLgJWJh.jpg

Some triming is needed, but everything went very smooth, the gap's between the cockpit and fuselage where taking care if with some filler.

lkq7sPjh.jpg

Regarding the resin nose cone, i decided to glue first the back of the fuselage together, then i will put some styreen filling at the front of the nose and glue these. Afterwards i will squeeze the seems together at the area where the windshield will be placed, this to prevent that the fuselage will be to be more widely. In this way i can obtain the same width so i don't need to do anything about the windscreen.

DwFQzzth.jpg

d25CPyuh.jpg

Ok, that's all guy's for now. 

Greetz

Danny