Welcome to Large Scale Modeller

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DannyVM

Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae" WIP

36 posts in this topic

I know that camera can change the color, but cockpit color on my screen seems to be more Olive drab.

Indeed it is, no screen dis-orientation, but it's really not the right color. I'm at the moment in doubt to repaint the cockpit.

Greetz

Danny

Excellent work Danny

Thank's Mate :thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

Ok, last day's i've bin really busy doing modeling. I work on two subjects at the time, something that isn't mehmmm.gif hmmm.gif .........who am i ????innocent.gif mental.gif

That said, today i finished the P-47 "Dottie Mae" cockpit. I used all the pe that was in the box available which gave the cockpit a nice extra detail.

Ok let's look at some photo's. First i was not so happy with the cockpit color, but at the end, i think it turned out rather fine.

ur5L80uh.jpg

xl04QArh.jpg

HyQdCLzh.jpg

eWkYUA8h.jpg?1

I also did some wiring behind the IP.

G4Xiranh.jpg

When i dry-fitted the cockpit into the fuselage i noticed something i never noticed before. I knew Hasegawa kit's are quality, but when i did put the two fuselage half's against each other, the cockpit dropped right into place and the two fuselage half's stayed in place, without glue or tapesmile.png .........you know guy's, i like that when such a thing happens.

MfRLAAWh.jpg

ZzDJNw5h.jpg

qodb90qh.jpg

And last but not least.............the P-47 model is huge, where i gonna put that when it's ready??

Greetz

Danny

rkranias and JeroenPeters like this

That has gone together nicely. Far better than the Trumpeter version does - they have the spine as separate parts which just creates seams and poor fit where you don't want it.

Can you actually see any of your IP wiring in there? The fit looks lovely and snug but not a lot to be seen.

Can you actually see any of your IP wiring in there? The fit looks lovely and snug but not a lot to be seen. 

I think it will be barely visible once the windscreen is in place.

Greetz

Danny

No black humour, but Jeroen is correct. I had been burned out after doing long drawn projects without even a chance of finishing one within a reasonable timescale. To get the juices flowing again I got myself the Hasegawa P-40E. And it has given back my mojo and enjoyment in modelling. I have been looking at Danny's build and the P-47 has a similar style as the P-40. I intend to build one myself after the Warhawk is finished.

Looking great Danny, you have really got it up to speed.

Cheers

Cees

No black humour, but Jeroen is correct. I had been burned out after doing long drawn projects without even a chance of finishing one within a reasonable timescale. To get the juices flowing again I got myself the Hasegawa P-40E. And it has given back my mojo and enjoyment in modelling. I have been looking at Danny's build and the P-47 has a similar style as the P-40. I intend to build one myself after the Warhawk is finished.

Looking great Danny, you have really got it up to speed.

Cheers

Cees

That's great Cees. Indeed, a nice kit can bring back the pleasure of building it. Same story here, after my Tamiya Corsair build, i started the Trumpeter MIG 23. But the nose cone problems kept building up so i started to lose the interest, until i casted the first resin nose cone, and my P-47 felt in my hands the same week, i got my pleasure in building back. Now i work on two different subjects...........crazy isn't it :wtf:

Greetz

Danny

Wingco57 likes this