The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa P-40E bringing back that mojo!

Yes, these came with a P-40 book I had, very convenient too as that way I can represent the overpainted US-markings with dark green

and these will later be covered by handmasked Dutch flags. The prop is ready for the decals, the only ones for this model and a first for

me too. Undercart and wheels have been completed too. Had some trouble when the chin cowl join cracked but that has been repaired

with superglue and will be resprayes together with some touch ups needed.

Getting there and having fun.

20170313_193602_zpsmqkolnor.jpg

20170313_194923_zpsa0qmuooi.jpg

20170313_193632_zpsqglpqsge.jpg

Now you tell me!

Sprayed the "overpainted" US markings and the masks were really helpful to get a nice result. I will be using more of these I'm sure.

Perhaps it is too clean as pics of Dutch B25's show the work was done very roughly but in scale it works better IMHO.

Now to get the Dutch flags masked off using Tamiya tape.

Cees

20170314_193324_zpsfunhfdha.jpg

20170314_193331_zpszukldefw.jpg

• Like 4

Nope, they are already sprayed on. The discs represent the overpainted US markings.

First coat of parket plus, I found some Dutch flag decals so no need for masking. This will

speed up the build.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

The devil is in the detail. although I have been working on the p-40 almost every evening it looks like very little progress has been made.

However, the tailwheel is on and the interior of the tailwheel doors and leather boot have been painted. The prop has been fitted with

one of the nylon bushes provided in the kit and is removable. Very handy.

Next stage is the washing/weathering process, although I don't want to make it look too filthy.

The end is in sight.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Me too, it is very controlable and with cottonswab's you can remove as much or as little as you wish.

Here she is after several wiping sessions. Some more tweaking and then ready for the mat varnish coat.

I expect the finishline will be met later this week.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Hehe, only just spotted good old Miss Molly sneaking in. In a very strange way she is very much interested about my modelling.

The end finish will be matt indeed. Next is to fit the drop tank stays, that will be a bit of a job as I forgot to drill all holes so will

have to do some improvisation. And the Quickboost exhausts haven't arrived yet, they should have by now. But patience is a

virtue.