The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hey Doc,

I have enough modeling experience to know that each build has something that's not quite right.  I usually just build along until I find it.  I have not gotten so far along before, when things started to head south tho.  I only have a few more items to work on, and then this beast is finished.

I like the "cloud of fumes" idea!  Maybe a photo of a junk yard behind it.  I'll work something up.  Thanks

Also, I didn't do a darn thing different to post this time.  Same as always.    I hate computers, I think our alien overlords designed them to bring down our society.

All will be finalized and the build will be finished, shortly.

Thanks, Rich

Hey Guys,

Just a quick report for today.  I have bolted down the cab permanently to the frame.

pm4PkptXj

pnRr5unTj

pmv8BrIrj

Now all I have left to build is, all the little stuff around the edges, that I would have knocked off and broken during handling.  Mirrors, running lights, antennas...ect. and all the small accoutrements that go with a big truck.

Be back in a bit.............

• Like 3

Hey Guys,

Another quick report before things get real busy again with this build.

The side mirrors...

poM9HkfJj

pmFdqbxGj

Temp mounted to the cab...

pnhieHfQj

I still have to apply the mirror side here, but I think I'll make the mirrors missing or broken...later on that.

The only other thing to report on is that I'm starting to mess around with the final display for RFI...

pmvcofrpj

I'm starting the small Dio base for this at the same time I'm adding the fragile stuff.

Be back later all............

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

So I suppose that everyone is wondering what the heck has happened with this build.

After two years of build time, I ran out of all  my building materials at the same time, with just a week left to build.  I have ordered enough new supplies to finish this build and enough for the next scratch project,  and all the material to finish the small DIO for this build.

That was three week ago and I still don't have my order.  I did U.S. Mail tracking and my order has been stuck in the same post office for over a week now.  I just can't do anything until my supplies arrive.

I'll be back when my supplies arrive.

Thanks All,   Rich

• Like 1

Go Rich go, can't wait to see that beast finished. Good that you solved your supply problems. I could tell you stories about getting supplies on my little island which would give you bad dreams :D

Cheers Rob

Hey Everyone,

This is it guys.  The last week of this build.  I have started at the front of the truck and will be working my to the back bumper.

All the little details that I'm sure would have ended up on the floor, are being added to finish this up.  I will show each section over this week and then the final portrait shots before RFI.

First up is the Cab.  Final photos........

pnSE9oH6j

pmOKIsYZj

pmi3qkepj

pmzYDr5jj

The Cab is now 100% finished.  I removed the cab to make the install easier.  I'll be moving back to the engine covers next.

Thanks All.........

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

These are the final photos of the 100% complete, Winch cover...

poLyNZVnj

po4Uv6TUj

pmSq0QFkj

I have a couple of small items left to build, a day or so for these.  I'll be back with the final portrait shots...Thanks All....

Hey All,

I finally finished this big Russian "Betty".  The build is done.

poSldYiVj

poJcIUAlj

pnP7UkFNj

pnV6FnRnj

poOsanmsj

pmzLiU9Tj

pofo1Vbzj

postEwLxj

pnzT6Xz6j

pm2WGXTKj

Thanks a lot everyone for tagging along with me on this build.  I learned a lot for the next build, and will be attempting things untried by me before.

I'll be ready for AFW, in a bit, while I finish the Dio display base.  Thanks All,  Rich.......

• Like 2

Wow, what an epic build. That much filth in as much detail seemed to me impossible before I saw your 'Betty'. This truck seems to sream 'no more abuse in these harsh Siberian conditions'.

I raise my hat, being a witness of such very fine scratch building abilities and congratulations that you fought your way through that build.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 1