The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Nuuuuurse!! He is trying it again! Scratchbuild HP 0/400 "Bloody Paralyser"

16 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

The new WNW arrival doesn't  make this build any less special. Phenomenal work Cees

That's what I thought too and your build is not obsolete as well. It's always something special to have created it on your own, you know the Frankenstein thing, it's aliiiiive :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 10/29/2018 at 10:02 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Cees, 

I’ve seen you’re work many times, but never this one. I’m simply blown away. 

Please hurry up and finish this so Wingnut Wings will release theirs?  I’ll be eternally grateful, honest, I will.  :stirthepot:

The time you have one of those moment where you wish there was a "DELETE POST" button.   I shall now hide my head in shame and not come out until the last rotten tomato has flown.

• Like 1

On the other hand, as one who started a scratchbuilt Aichi Hansa ( a Japanese version of the W. 29 with a Hispano engine) BEFORE WnW released their W. 29 kit, and still has it waiting for completion long AFTER WnW’s same W. 29 went OOP, my advice would be to keep what you have done so far, just in case ;) 

Now, I will reiterate my other advice to start a scratchbuilt B-58. I will check whether Sir Peter has any interest in doing a film with a Hustler in a key role :D

Hubert

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wingco57 said:

Hubert I know,

I still have plans for scratchbuilding a Handley Page Hampden ( I like HP's can you tell?)

Cheers
Cees

Please do, Cees ... I’ll wait for the IM kit that should come close on the heels of your almost finished scratchbuilt effort.

And I see you have come to the conclusion (like me) that the ID Models / Tigger vac is just a total waste of good money...

You may remember that I turned a master for a correct diameter engine cowling, that I sent to John Wilkes after I molded a few for my own use. He never thanked me, nor made anything out of it. Thankfully, Alex ( AlexM on LSP) has since designed a printable cowling, as a few other things like the landing gear, and is generous in sharing his files.

Hubert

• Like 1

Interesting to read that. I was totally surprised when John approached me at Telford and gave me a reworked vacform fuselage with altered area for the dorsal gunner. The fuselage is moulded in two halves and in thicker plastic. Still very rough but perhaps it can work.

I asked about this four years ago.

Cees

• Like 2