The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models B17 Memphis Belle with AC Models aircrew

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

The posts are going to be slow in coming. As with all modelers one build is not enough and we seem to get distracted with something else that comes along and takes your interest away. With saying that I too have again fallen into this category and have wanted to do a quick build in between working on the B17.

Just quickly here is the reason why there are not many B17 wip images not coming through.

It's an Aussie M1A1 Abrams with the Meng M1A1 AIM and some minor upgrades. This is going to be a quick build. A couple of month's sort of.

I2lv4zX.jpg

gqwfyY0.jpg

DfMQHiw.jpg

kgD2HPi.jpg

IAhscxG.jpg

7 pieces for 1 track link

xFPx4xb.jpg

Even drilled out each side of the track like the real thing.

YGjq6U2.jpg

Michael

• Like 4

Thanks Rob,

First time using the Bronco working track,It was horrible and don't recommend it to anyone who thinks it will be easy. But when they are together and detailed they are the real deal and movable for plastic track and Bronco have excelled on this.:thumbsup2:

Annnd yes I was drinking wine whilst building the second track:lol:

Assembling the track together will be longer than building the kit. :lol:

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have just joined the forum so I am being nosy and looking at everything.

I am particularly interested in your figure because I intend to get the seven man RAF bomber crew for my HK Lancaster.

I think you have done a terrific job on those Americans and they will surely compliment your B17

David.

• Like 2

Those figures look fantastic, but honestly, I cant justify spending that much on a set of figures. I have already spent way too much on AM for the B-17G in my stash. They will make for a very good diorama, will give you that much. 

• Like 1

Thanks Drifter.

The figures will give the plane depth in scale. I am hoping to give the viewer the intention of looking further into the diorama to show each figure strolling through the grass to the plane.

Just acquired the AK s white aluminium to use around the waist gunners area. Never used it before but will experiment on a small area to see how it goes.

The black base is sprayed first then the aluminium is to be sprayed , hopefully as a highlighting colour as it would be good to see a little depth in the panels inside the fuselage. More to follow with this.

BuVFk5r.jpg

Still have to clear the workbench of the Australian M1A1 Abrams , I'm in the fun stage the painting and weathering.  :thumbsup2:

5IxaXPd.jpg

Michael

• Like 3