The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hey Guys,

Not to much progress this posting, however this was a big step!  I got the nose of the cab built and finally installed.  I still have a bit of work to smooth things out, but, installed and in place.

f8E4E3.jpg

yh4TAH.jpg

v9q8Lm.jpg

WkTGtV.jpg

wVBBxr.jpg

MnjbyQ.jpg

I have a bit of puttying to do, and sanding, with details for the nose to add, but the cab skin is on.  YA!

This is where the build is as of tonight.  The single hardest part of the build is behind me.  I'll report back with whatever is next.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichO said:

Hey Guys,

Not to much progress this posting, however this was a big step!  I got the nose of the cab built and finally installed.  I still have a bit of work to smooth things out, but, installed and in place.

f8E4E3.jpg

yh4TAH.jpg

v9q8Lm.jpg

WkTGtV.jpg

wVBBxr.jpg

MnjbyQ.jpg

I have a bit of puttying to do, and sanding, with details for the nose to add, but the cab skin is on.  YA!

This is where the build is as of tonight.  The single hardest part of the build is behind me.  I'll report back with whatever is next.

Thanks for looking.

Stunning work of the scrstchbuilding-champion! :respect:
Awesome work Rich! :unworthy:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You guys are great with the enthusiastic comments!

Hey All,

Work with the cab continues.  I have done most of the putty work and added most of the out side details.  I still have a load of items to add to the cab, but, light at the end of the tunnel.   I thought about leaving the putty work in the corners as is, just because when fiberglass gets bashed, you have to fill it with bondo putty to repair.

I also started to add the exterior details.

mjMNz5.jpg

WmN49p.jpg

k5bFwl.jpg

FmdKHu.jpg

You can see that I still have a lot to do with this. Mirrors, grab handles, door handles........

Still a ways to go before all is finished.

All the littles details are quite tedious to work on, so, Back Bumper time.

JuB9Y3.jpg

YoT9Tr.jpg

The back bumper was partially started before the move and storage.  I haven't seen this for a while, so I have to think on where I left off on this build.  You can see tho, the Blast Brace extended......

i8kAUS.jpg

The Blast Brace retracted.  

6MkSBs.jpg

I'll do a good once over on this back bumper, get caught up on what's left to do with this, and get it painted and installed.  Also sally forth on the cab details.

Thanks All for dropping by.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I would probably have left the « bashed corners » un-painted, or in a different colour (like putty color) or tone, pr sheen so that the rough appearance is visibly on purpose rather than poor workmanship.

Fantastic work going on :popcorn:

Hubert

• Like 3

Hey Guys,

A quick posting for now.  I have come to the point of moving on from the cab.  I still have a ton of items to be placed on the exterior of the cab, but I do not want to loose or break off all the items that hang off the cab.

fWh3CZ.jpg

As you can see, a ton of things to add.  Antennas, spot lights, mirrors, grab handles........a list of items that are very fragile to build and keep in good order, all the way to the display cabinet.

So what I'm going to do, is just move to the rear bumper, and save all the delicate items for the final rendering.

qWQV2S.jpg

Including, fitting the doors and grates and straps and.........what ever else, when I come back to this.

I'm creeping up on the end of the build for the Zill carrier.  I have the rear bumper and then just the missile crane to build, and the truck will be finished.  The launch system is a nightmare I'll deal with afterwards tho.

Ill be back with the bumper madness next time.

Thanks All.............

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey,

So I have finished with the back bumper and I have made a change in my build procedure.  I will not build the hoisting crane next.  The hoisting crane for the missile is located on the outer rim of the frame.  All the launch equipment is centered.  I need to work from the center out, not backwards.

The build for the back bumper also contains items for the launch system.  The main launch frame rests on top of the bumper assembly.

Items for the back bumper.........

TGEvhP.jpg

Once I had all this put together, it was paint time.

qUW46X.jpg

A few more items need to be installed with the launch system, to be built before the hoist crane.

aBlYfz.jpg

I'll be back with the start of the launch platform which all rests on the top of the big curved "I" beam.

3YCPtE.jpg

I get to dirty this up quite a bit to blend in with the rest of the metal, this all gets ugly with rest of the build at the end.

I'm off the start the Launch System build.  Part Two of the Frog Prince story.

Thanks!.........

• Like 6

Hey All,  Thanks everyone, for checking in.             I had a good build week this week, but just a lot of small items for the Launch Base.  The Launch Base sits on top of the rear bumper and also the mid frame support.  This is not quite a goose-neck base, but very similar.  A hefty support for the rest of the launch gear.  Also this has all sorts of things inside the frame, and I'm just getting started with this part of the launch build.

IDknHM.jpg

This lives about here....

3mRYr4.jpg

Now I get to stuff it with all kinds of goodies.               I'm thinking that this might be a hydraulic pump, maybe, or something.

DR6XsR.jpg

cx4PGR.jpg

Just a lot of parts, and very small.

s3x47e.jpg

6IRnif.jpg

This sits about here and gets hosed and wired into place.

gWWIig.jpg

Some of the items.  This all fits about as close as the engine bay build.

Tfl5jA.jpg

Just getting started.......

P92pUP.jpg

This is where I'm at tonight with the Launch Base build.  

mAagbI.jpg

I still have an incredible amount of items to squeeze into this, and around this, small space, plus all the piping.  I have very good references for this area tho, so I'm just going to have to slug it out for a bit.

I'll be back with more Launch Base build next time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hey Guys,

I've been slugging it out for about a week now, and these sub assemblies are very small and never ending.  I have started to bounce around a bit to help with the stress of these tiny builds.  Not a huge report today, but very busy.

I'm not sure what kind of box this is but, it was a nice quick change of pace to build.

c7OUUX.jpg

It lives about here........

7OfQQ9.jpg

Then more of the tiny build.....

OT9KSn.jpg

dOZi0c.jpg

58Won2.jpg

Not much of a report this time, but I still have a ton of tiny items to build for this Launch Base, so I'll be busy for a while still.

Be back with more stuff later.........Thanks All

• Like 9

Hey Guys,

it's been a busy week of putting all the small subassemblies together into a single unit.  I had a ton of stuff to place around the Launch Base.  And a lot of fun trying to keep calm while all the small stuff got crammed into place.  Believe it or don't, I still have a mess of items to build for this location.

kDfSCi.jpg

brCuUk.jpg

I knew when I started this it would be "interesting" to build........

GjhWBu.jpg

Then everything gets painted........

0iJcKR.jpg

6wby27.jpg

All this is installed to this location...........

fcELJL.jpg

Ht0EuL.jpg

I'm fairly happy with this so far.  I still have a bit to go before I can secure this permanently.

Leaving this for a while, I finished painting the navigation droid, and started with storage bins.

The out side bins have a frame that mounts to the fenders.  This is built and installed temp.

bWptaz.jpg

WbDezk.jpg

Building the frame for the store bins......

236ze5.jpg

jKdiCH.jpg

79gywO.jpg

Navigation Droid placed...........

dIoov0.jpg

You can see that my paint started spitting all over the place.  I didn't want to remove the paint so I'll just cover it up with dirt and weathering when I get there.

TXseRh.jpg

7qvd61.jpg

kUhLP6.jpg

I still have a ridiculous amount of items to be placed around the Launch Base yet.  Plenty more to build just for this location.

I'll be back with more of this really fun build.  Thanks All.........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You guys are really killing it with the nice comments. Thank You All.

I had a nice long weekend of build time, and, as things start to close in on the finish of this build, I find everything seems to be going faster with all the little details.

I finished several more items and I'm ready to start with the Launch Rail mini build.

I built a store cabinet that is tucked in between two fenders under the store bins. 

This is just one large container that is stuffed under here.........

GWHu9J.jpg

After that, I built the Launch Arms.  These live under the main launch rail and attach to the launch base and support and lift the launch rail when ready to fire the missile.

Launch Arm stuff........

Ujs2EU.jpg

Some tricky bends, but all worked out well in the end (ouch!)   This all attaches to the launch base here........

0w8ko2.jpg

This will rest down in the groove and support the launch rail.

Adz3kD.jpg

qasqja.jpg

Painted.........

8IwHWV.jpg

1Zjovu.jpg

I have just started with the building of the Launch Rail.  This really adds some more length to the over all size of the build.  I have started with the inside support structure and thought I should show this before I get to far along.

Launch Rail........

geOFjG.jpg

WGgm70.jpg

As you can see, The raw rail is as long as the entire build.  I have to skin this, and add all the hoses, wires, details, and support gear for the launch system.

I'll be back, hopefully with a built Launch Rail.    Until Next Time............

• Like 8