The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators

Radu’s magic rivet tool is the tool version of Mr. Leveling Thinner.

One of those rare products that improves your game 100 fold.

Also, look at his scribers. Pure bliss on a handle.  

These things just work, and work well. No muss, no fuss.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Need to check both out.

I keep buying scribing tools and I’m still searching for the one that works well in my hand.

Peter :)

I've never used a riveter to be honest and for scribing i still use a needle in a pin vice 

More progress. I've had warnings about the fit of the wings to fuselage and the wheel bay, including a copy of SAM I picked up and put down in Tescos today. It seems that the bottom of the cockpit and the wheel bay clash.

So with this in mind I decided to go very slowly, and carefully dry fitting as I went and; this is the result, no chopping or thinning needed so much so that this is the best wing to fuselage joint I've had on a SH kit ever. 

20180818_201627.thumb.jpg.f6826bcd96c56590faf89f48c9406760.jpg20180818_201611.thumb.jpg.5b6068b67f3a8ecc63d0abed7ae054c4.jpg

Now bear in mind nothing is glued yet, but I think I have found the solution. the inboard section of yhe wheel bays sits inside yhe hole in the lower wing, not on top of, if you do that it's tight but it fits. This is what I like about these kits they are a challenge and not for the faint hearted. But they are also buildable. 

Till next time 

• Like 5

It's a really great kit! But treat it as it is; something between limited run and mass produced and you won't go wrong. It isn't shake and bake, but someone with a couple of kits under their belt shouldn't worry too much. 

My next step will be the leading edge panels that are plain but moulded thd wag hhey ate to allow for tooling a mk 2 and 6 with the rads in the wings. I get the feeling some dry fitting may be needed here as well 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Looking good, I’m at exactly the same point. Always get nervous at the next stage, not sure why. Probably it’s because I’m a builder not a painter.....watching intently..

I'm waiting for some camo masks from a friend, Sean Middleton of top notch masks. He has the masks done but not ready to release yet so I'm her to g a prototype set. I've used his masks on loads of builds, including HKM'S Mosquito 

• Like 2