The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Just waiting on some masks from a friend of mine who is doing them custom. It's quite cheap to make the masks but for the artwork and instructions it costs him every time he releases them so he has to sell a lot to make it worthwhile. So as a favour I'm being patient 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Cammo looks great but I'm wondering if it is possible to soften up the edge a bit with the masks?

Peter

Hi Peter yes you can but the important thing to remember is that they only had a soft edge after a trip to a MU the masks were originally mats laid on the surface then sprayed so the soft edge didn't usually appear. They do on restored aircraft of warbirds however. If you want a soft edge a small piece if blu tack or tamiya tape under the edge does the trick 

• Like 2

Ok after 3 weeks of filling, sanding, filling, rescribing then learning how to use a riveting tool. It was the primed the refilled sanded and reprimed, and reriveted again it's ready for paint. 

It's only a pre shade and the leading edge strips but it's moving again. I want to have it done for Telford this year. 

20181005_184404.thumb.jpg.bad80002cf959d1afffa4618617a7de4.jpg

• Like 2