The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Cheap Airbrushes??

Artful69

Hi all

Some time ago I remember someone posting a thread on some cheap(er) airbrushes.

They were knockoffs of a major brand (I can’t remember if it was Iwata or Badger or something else) and all I remember is that they were serviceable and the parts were actually interchangeable with the major brand they were copying.

im in need of a new set up with lines, connectors and a couple of airbrushes. Can anyone either point me in the direction of the thread in question or the knockoff brand that was reviewed??

TIA

Rog :)

• Like 2

Guest DannyVM

Would like to hear what kind of brand you referring to mate; A knockoff and at the same time serviceable with the original part's sounds like heaven. To be honest, i stay with my original airbrush tools, they never left me in the dark, and the money i spent to buy them all ready payed themselves a 100 times back.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:03 AM, DannyVM said:

Would like to hear what kind of brand you referring to mate; A knockoff and at the same time serviceable with the original part's sounds like heaven. To be honest, i stay with my original airbrush tools, they never left me in the dark, and the money i spent to buy them all ready payed themselves a 100 times back.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:19 AM, Martinnfb said:

Guys ... thanks for the input ... my week got busy about 2 hours after I posted this ... I'll be doing some shopping on the weekend! ... Danny - I know what you mean and I'll expound on this further on the weekend 

Cheers and thanks again guys!

Rog :)

On 8/27/2018 at 9:19 AM, Martinnfb said:

Geez for 11 bucks how can you go wrong, Martin, will the air hose fit a standard ( Badger) air line do you think? Or is it some odd ball size? I'd hate to spend 11 bucks on the airbrush then 2 or 300 on new compressors etc..... and did they ship to you from China ok??

Jeff

Thanks, I was just looking and holy cow there are hundreds to choose from...... thanks Martin, I think I will try one or two myself, if they get diddled up it really doesn't matter, my thought is to try moving to the 'dark side' and use it for acrylics...... it will be my first time...... I'm sure you know that feeling... :rolleyes: