The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Würger Party!

On 9/17/2018 at 8:51 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

I really should focus on my B-25s but can I join in too? This has been sitting on top of my printer for the last 4 years or so.

IMG_20180917_224812-L.jpg

It's ended up as a bit of a dumping ground. I had to take a TiE fighter, and some car parts out of the box.

Carl

8921f9d3576feca29610c7a98d26e9aa.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Looks nice why did you stop? 

Not really sure why, honestly. I think it's because I mounted the outer wing gun bulges and then realized that the one I wanted to build didn't have them. I only recently picked the scheme I posted above.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

What bulges do you need Carl? I should have some spares.

Thanks for the offer Martin but I've already got them. I glued them on and then realized I didn't need them was the problem. :wallbash:

Which just means I'll have to build another one in the future. :D

Carl

• Like 1

Ah, you sampled the deep-fried Mars bar then?! 

You don't get to be the heart-attack capital of the world without effort!

As someone who works in the health service and sees the end results it's unfortunately true that we can find ways to deep-fry just about anything.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 5:06 PM, GusMac said:

Ah, you sampled the deep-fried Mars bar then?! 

You don't get to be the heart-attack capital of the world without effort!

As someone who works in the health service and sees the end results it's unfortunately true that we can find ways to deep-fry just about anything.

I couldn't find the deep fried Mars bars thankfully. But I had my share of haggis. Plus fish and chips in Anstruther, where we were staying. And I can't forget the wonderful whisky.

My father-in-law is a retired pathologist and my sister-in-law is an ER doc so I get to hear about the effects of heart disease and other ailments/injuries on a regular basis. Makes for great after dinner stories :D

Carl

• Like 2

Hope you enjoyed the haggis Carl. I love it but it's often best to let guests try it before you tell them what's in it!

Anstruther and the East Neuk of Fife is a lovely part of the world. My wife is from just a bit further down the coast so I know that area very well. Some great golf courses as well if you're that way included. Personally I'd agree with the apocryphal Twain quote about it being a 'good walk ruined' but that's probably just because I'm crap at it.

Glad you enjoyed the whisky. There are just so many to try although now many are branching out into craft gins as well. Chuck some botanicals in the spirit and you have something to sell in 3 months rather than the years the whisky takes!

• Like 1

I do like haggis a fair bit. Which endears me to my father-in-law I guess. My in-laws are originally from Scotland but have been in Canada for almost 50 years.Her aunt is in Ladybank and she's got cousins in Edinburgh. So lots of driving around in an MPV on some great (fun?) roads between places.

I don't play golf but we did visit St Andrews and had lunch in their clubhouse. 

Back on topic, Ive been plugging away at the B-25s so haven't done much on my FW. 

Carl

• Like 2

Never mind, small steps...

I just sat down after lunch, to start sanding away the inside detail from the Hasagawa cockpit interior with the last Q of the Ravens / Steelers game on. Nek minute, somehow I'm now out in the back yard doing SWMBO's bidding.

Get it while you can.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

FW 190D-9 Stab/JG4 - Part 1

Getting started on this project, I utilized the Quickboost replacement air scoop which captures the shape of the original much better than the Hasegawa kit part.  After hollowing out the resin cast interior with a Dremel tool and a round cutting burr, a few coats of Tamiya putty and Mr. Surfacer 500 blended it in.  I also applied the micro weld beads from Archer Transfers and its now ready for a coat of primer.  Next up I am starting to apply flush rivets to the fuselage using the HGW positive rivet set for the Fw 190D-9 and the MDC rivet punch tool.  I just apply the HGW rivets directly to the bare plastic then once dry I go back over them with the small MDC punch.  After a light sanding, the rivets are now flush.  First time doing it this way and I am happy with the initial results.  Takes a lot of practice to get adjusted to how much pressure to apply with the punch, some areas I went to deep and may have some areas that will require a coat of Mr. Surfacer 500, but practice makes perfect.  Continuing on with riveting, then will start fitting the Eagle Editions 190D-9 cockpit set.

Kirk

Fw 190D9_1_20181019_106.JPG

Fw 190D9_1_20181019_104.JPG

Fw 190D9_1_20181019_108.JPG

Fw 190D9_1_20181019_101 (2).JPG

Fw 190D9_1_20181019_110.JPG

Fw 190D9_1_20181019_112.JPG

• Like 6

• Members

Well, I've decided to go with the JG 1 bird.  I've always been a fan of the B&W cowl.  I'll just use the A-3 version of the PCM kit and add the antenna mast.  I've got some resin control surfaces from a Montex conversion set I may use and some Quickboost guns.  I'll also use an old Eduard PE set to detail the landing flaps since I'll cut them out position them deployed.

eee5995460c6a6afe3cb7f4487058d8e.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, mikester said:

Well, I've decided to go with the JG 1 bird.  I've always been a fan of the B&W cowl.  I'll just use the A-3 version of the PCM kit and add the antenna mast.  I've got some resin control surfaces from a Montex conversion set I may use and some Quickboost guns.  I'll also use an old Eduard PE set to detail the landing flaps since I'll cut them out position them deployed.

The markings of the JG 1 Butcher Birds were stunning, great choice!

KJ

• Like 1

Ok, I'm in.  Hopefully this will be the kick I need to finish this thing.  FW190C-V-U

BACK FROM THE SHELF O' DOOM

FW190C_Packed01.jpg

I received my FW190D9 "Tall Tail" from Hasegawa. 

FW190C_TailGraft.01.jpg

Cut at the panel line.

FW190C_TailGraft.02.jpg

After assembly of the tail and tail wheel the new "Tall Tail" was grafted to the fuselage using stryene strips for locators and 5 minute epoxy.  The white card is a shim.  Fill/sand/scribe required later.

FW190C_TailGraft.03.jpg

• Like 6