The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Würger Party!

On 10/23/2018 at 12:52 AM, mikester said:

Well, I've decided to go with the JG 1 bird.  I've always been a fan of the B&W cowl.  I'll just use the A-3 version of the PCM kit and add the antenna mast.  I've got some resin control surfaces from a Montex conversion set I may use and some Quickboost guns.  I'll also use an old Eduard PE set to detail the landing flaps since I'll cut them out position them deployed.

eee5995460c6a6afe3cb7f4487058d8e.jpg

Don't forget to use the skinny headrest.

20181023_165032.jpg.5d4324d8ac7611c60961e0a82884e09d.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wumm said:

Rick,

The tail shim... is the because the resin fuselage is a little out of whack at the mating surface?

FW190C_FuselageBend06copy.jpg

Observe the alignment of the stabilizer plugs.  The starboard stabilizer plug is about 2mm higher than the port side.  The entire tailplane is warped.

• Like 3

• Members
On 10/23/2018 at 12:57 PM, Wumm said:

Don't forget to use the skinny headrest.

20181023_165032.jpg.5d4324d8ac7611c60961e0a82884e09d.jpg

That's interesting, I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it should have the wider headrest like the A-5.  Then again I get lost on my way to the bathroom sometimes!

• Like 3

Convention has it that it was the skinny version up to the A-4. However there a plenty of examples in Mombeek's JG1 1943 book showing A-4's with them also. Theoretically all gone by A-5 production.  

• Like 3

• Members

Been plugging away since last weekend and have made a little progress.  The cockpit is resin and fairly well detailed.  The included color PE IP was the old Eduard with the pebbly texture and the purplish hue which I really didn't like.  I carefully brush painted Tamiya German Gray around the details and then hit the bezels with a fine tip Sharpie, blends in much better with the cockpit now.  A few Airscale placard decals were added just to spice things up.

IMG_0917.JPGIMG_0916.JPGIMG_0919.JPG

I dropped the flaps which are molded close so they needed a little detail.  Sprue Brothers had some old PE sets for the old Revell D-9 on sale for $3.00 so these provide some quick, easy and cheap detail.

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

• Like 5

I would recommend BC...

It is probably the most accurate 1/32nd scale IM Fw kit on the market. Some have problems with the fit, and it's overly complicated in its engineering in some places, but it's a spectacular kit when finished to it's full potential.

If you're buying from scratch, get the H-0 variant, this kit has been re-tooled on some areas to improve fit and finesse.

S

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Bomber_County said:

I’m going have get me a big 190.....ZM did the 152 if I remember, is it recommended??

Hi Phil, I built the TA-152 recently and presented her here, combined with a very personal view about the kit, building and painting it. Like Wumm I think it's the 152 to get, but the kit is not without flaws and shortcomings.

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/5434-ta-152-zoukei-moura-finally-done/

Some more stuff for digging deeper should be in here.

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/5340-ta-152-zoukei-moura-132-my-first-zm/

I'm out of the Würger Party because of that build, but there are waiting two F8's for me, but that's for later.

Cheers Rob