The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK B-25J -double the fun

Harv asked me to join in and give him some motivation so here's the B-25Js I started at the same time he did. I've been off in Scotland for the last couple of weeks visiting family and just got back. With my kids starting back at school in a couple days, it seems as good a time as any to get back to them. 

I started with the engines

20170826_160754-L.jpg

20170826_233327-L.jpg

20170827_122638-L.jpg

The HGW seats and belts.

DSC_0021-L.jpg

DSC_0546-L.jpg

DSC_0432-L.jpg

The bomb bay. This is where after realising that I had painted it the wrong colour, I decided to start the second one in ernest rather than repaint.

DSC_0105-L.jpg

DSC_0208-L.jpg

DSC_0209-L.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks guys! I'm going through the bench at the moment to see where I left off. Bad news is I'm definitely missing a set of waist gunners windows. So I'll have to see if I can get some replacements or fudge it.  Which means I'll probably just focus on one for now and try to get 'er done. 

• Like 3

• Administrators

It’s good to see this one back on the bench, Carl.   I saw this on TOS, but when The Troubles started, I saw less and less of it.

You’re kicking butt and taking names, man. Looking absolutely awesome in every way, sir!

Oh, people been asking me what “TOS” is.  Nothing sinister, nothing mean or vengeful, just “The Other Site”. TOS. :rofl:

Like SOD.  A useful abbreviation.  :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Always seems the way. How hard do you think it will be to have HK send a replacement set?

Peter

Isn't that the case Peter? I haven't tried them yet but at this point it certainly wouldn't hurt. 

16 hours ago, harv said:

You know what I think about your work buddy. Glad to have you along. Yes, I do need motivation for mine......Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv. Your work motivates me as well so it goes both ways. :thumbsup2:

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

It’s good to see this one back on the bench, Carl.   I saw this on TOS, but when The Troubles started, I saw less and less of it.

You’re kicking butt and taking names, man. Looking absolutely awesome in every way, sir!

Oh, people been asking me what “TOS” is.  Nothing sinister, nothing mean or vengeful, just “The Other Site”. TOS. :rofl:

Like SOD.  A useful abbreviation.  :)

Thanks Ernie! It's definitely been an undertaking and much more of a challenge than I thought it would be. 

And thanks for the clarification on TOS as I kept thinking The Original Series as that's what Star Trek fans refer to the Shatner/Nimoy series as.

• Like 1

Thanks to Martin, I was able to finally paint the ammo cases for the waist and tail gunners.

IMG_20180904_104237-L.jpg

Which let me start on the install of the waist guns. 

IMG_20180904_113104-L.jpg

IMG_20180904_113113-L.jpg

With the ammo belt and case installed:

IMG_20180904_113440-L.jpg

Now I just have to figure a way out to not knock it out of place. 

• Like 4

On 9/5/2018 at 1:26 AM, Grunhertz said:

Woah you've done some great stuff then 

Thanks! It was more than I anticipated. Plus I realized that not much of it will be seen after the fuselage gets closed up so I simplfied it a bit on the second fuselage. 

On 9/5/2018 at 2:28 AM, JeroenPeters said:

Wow... Really liking the upgrades and painting of the interior. 

Superb.

Thanks Jeroen! My first try at preshading. 

• Like 1

I started finishing up the tail gunner's position. 

IMG_20180905_211703-L.jpg

After test fitting it into the fuselage, I checked the fit of the ammo belts. The kit ones are missing a bend where the guide chute goes along with the lack of a booster motor.  I used some soft metal ones from Master Details and added the guide chute to it. As they were too short, my original plan to use the kit parts that go from the breech to the booster motor and then join them there. 

IMG_20180906_122613-L.jpg

The kit belts don't have the correct bend in them so I decided to use a shorter length of Master Details belts there bent to the correct shape. 

IMG_20180906_132200-L.jpg

The kit parts are on the top and bottom of the screen with the Master Details ones in the centre.

Now to make the booster motors.

Carl

• Like 3