The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hobby Boss P-61

18 minutes ago, harv said:

Aw crap buddy. Walk away........Harv :wallbash:

Yep. After I put it on the SOD I walked away ........ and decided to build another Corsair! LOL Just the thing to get the bad taste out of my mouth. :)

9-11 002.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Sorry to hear the troubles with the P-61 as I know you'll do a Stella job on it. Agree the Tamiya Corsair will get the mojo flowing again.

That P-61 has fought me tooth and nail from day one and I've just had enough. This hobby is supposed to be fun and that SOB definitely is not fun (unless you are a masochist). I'm looking forward to enjoying the Corsair build.

• Like 2

LOL Ernie. I too like resin kits/accessories as long as they are good quality and don't require a lot of "make work". I built two HpH resin P-63's which were no walk in the park but were enjoyable builds with very good moldings and details. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Ouch and that was looking great. I wondered why you don't see many built at shows 

I guess it's just a kit that has more than it's fair share of problems. I wish I had never bought the dam thing.

13 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

And for you to say that John, it must a SOB..........

Yep, it's a SOB alright. I expect even the most expert builders would agree. It makes you appreciate all the more the Tamiya and Hasegawa kits, just to name two.

10 hours ago, DocRob said:

Some kits are just made for the shelf of doom, pity. The good News is, that in recent times These kits became particulary rare. Godd luck with the Corsair.

Cheers Rob

Thanks. It's like a breath of fresh air! :D

• Like 1