The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I'm a bad boy

harv

On 9/20/2018 at 1:34 AM, Kagemusha said:

I hope you all move on and desist from all the petty sniping, it really is infantile.

Another gem from the home of petty sniping this morning...

IMG_20190422_083606.thumb.jpg.0d0aba23573b057fd7f7bbfc604e3ae7.jpg

I guess it helps if you're the Business Partner of one of the Moderators.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Will the 109 hate never end??

Nope.
As long as 109ers will be built, thus causing the slow and agonising death of countless innocent puppies, folks won't stop teasing 109 fanboys with mostly harmless, sometimes subliminally sarcastic comments.  ;)

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Nope.
As long as 109ers will be built, thus causing the slow and agonising death of countless innocent puppies, folks won't stop teasing 109 fanboys with mostly harmless, sometimes subliminally sarcastic comments.  ;)

Were this not a family oriented site I would post a picture for you of an old, large hirsute man bent over with his pants and underpants around his ankles and his posterior point in your direction!

lol

• Like 4

• Administrators
16 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Will the 109 hate never end??

Gazz, I take swipes at 109s as well, but when I do it it's always a friendly jab at friends online who build them, not that manufacturers love them.

But guess what half fills my display cases?   

Yup, if you guessed 109s, you win a prize.   Of course there's T-28s too, but 109s especially because I do like the airframe. And as a student of history, it looms huge as an incredibly successful design that served in one guise or another well into the 1960s.

I've built a couple Emils, a Friedrich,  an Israeli Messer, and a couple 1930s conversions. 

I think we're still waiting for the ultimate Gustav, and it looks like ZM will help in that respect.  I'll build the heck out of that. 

Lets face it, the 109 is incredibly iconic and as long as people remember WW2, Willy's little Wonderplane will be front and center. Just like the Spitfire, A6M, and P-51.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Ivan, I just clicked on your link. I lost my mind. That's why I love this place.  

You guys are Sumthin' Else.

:)

2806FFB3-AD58-45C8-AC30-F126B4F08134.jpeg

Oh my, I think I found my next build?

• Like 3

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, TJTX said:

Oh my, I think I found my next build?

Tony, I believe that aircraft was belly landed at one point, and was rebuilt and restored back into "Crazy Horse", I think? It was definitely rebuilt as a TF-51D.

I remember a magazine from the late 70s or early 80s that featuerd a full page air to air picture of Sumthin Else, and I instantly fell in love with her right there and then.

• Like 4