The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Crazy nature !! :)

Martinnfb

15 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

87 degrees here today. A/C on, beautiful blue sky, I love Texas. :)

Ditto here on Portuguese « Costa de Prata » :) (but we had the lousiest - and wettest - spring here since 1932, and it lasted until August 10th ) 

For those interested in surfing, the big waves season will start soon (as soon as the weather deteriorates :( ) in Nazare, 20 klicks from home. If you have BIG stainless steel balls, here is your chance to ride 30 meters-high waves, less than than half-a-mile from the beach. I can offer accomodation, although it may not last long :icon_eek: if you go hunting the  big waves. These waves are said to be moving 1.2 to 2.0 MILLION tons of water. Need broad shoulders to hold them back when they start rolling down on you.

And not to appear sexist, it’s also true for girls. This Brazilian lady just got her 20.75 meters high wave-ride homologated as a world-record for women, by the Guinnes Book of Records.

Hubert

• Like 4

Not weather related, but...

Completely authentic dude Nick Cave. I would often pass him on my delivery route in Melbourne early 2000's around 8am having coffee in St.Kilda dressed exactly like that. His closet must have been like my Dad's only with a long row of 3 piece black suits instead of camos.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, HubertB said:

Ditto here on Portuguese « Costa de Prata » :) (but we had the lousiest - and wettest - spring here since 1932, and it lasted until August 10th )

Same on my island, Hubert. The coldest winter, spring and summer in years, but since some weeks it's sunny nearly no wind, perfect weather for swimming, snorkeling, mountainbiking and harvesting figs, which explains my nearly no existant benchtime in the moment.

I've ben surfing in Ericeira for some years and liked the place. The Nazare Ondas are not my size, I like it clean and not more than shoulder high for a nice longboard ride. On my Island the conditions for surfing are not great, but it's possible sometimes. The waves are high, but there are dangerous rocks all over and no real reeves. Mostly Bodyboarding is the only thing possible.

Last month I have been surfing in Fuerteventura which was great for a change.

Let's enjoy the endless summer in south western europe :D

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wumm said:

Not weather related, but...

Completely authentic dude Nick Cave. I would often pass him on my delivery route in Melbourne early 2000's around 8am having coffee in St.Kilda dressed exactly like that. His closet must have been like my Dad's only with a long row of 3 piece black suits instead of camos.

Not weather related either,

I remember some events from my early days in the 80's in Berlin, when Nick Cave didn't look like the Nick Cave you mentioned, but theese wher the bad hours of the night after concerts and exhausted from lack of sleep and whatever liquids and substances where involved. Yeah, it was the place to be young and wild, good to be remembered.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Sounds fun Doc, I'm surprise you remembered! ;)

I didn't do the substances, only some spiriting liquids ;), so not all rememberance is lost, but anyway it was a good time. I lived in the area of Berlin by that time where the Caves and Bowies and Pops lived, among lots of Berlin bands like Neubauten and Malaria and Ideal.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Ok guys, THIS is ME behind the wheel of one of our plow trucks a few years ago, I did this job for 38 years, not much I haven't seen weather wise or idiots on the highways.... Western Star Tandem sand truck, with a Tenco dump/sand box, Frink One way High speed front plow..... this was an average snow event in our area of southern B.C.  I remember this day well......but it is most definitely ME driving this unit..... so there is actual video evidence of me caught working......

• Like 5