Looking for HGW 1/32 Bf 109G-6 Positive Riveting Set

Iceman

• Group Build Moderator

Sprue Brother has the deluxe set:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/hgw321018.htm

I just used on of their sets on the 190 I just finished and truthfully I wouldn't use them again.  They're a lot of work to get on (their 3 hours claim is off by a country mile) and they're tough to see once applied.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, thought I had checked Sprue Brothers and they were out of stock, but there it is.  I use the HGW rivet decals as a template for riveting with the MDC punch, using the Fw 190D-9 set on my current build and I find it takes a lot less time and patience to apply the decal set then it does to lay out the rivet pattern with dividers, draw lines and then screw around with the spacing ruler and tape.  I just go back over the raised rivets with the MDC punch, and Vwa-Lah, proper engraved flush rivets.  As the HGW rivets have no carrier film that remains on the model, just a light sanding after using the punch and the raised rivets are gone.

Kirk

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 10:24 AM, mikester said:

Sprue Brother has the deluxe set:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/hgw321018.htm

I just used on of their sets on the 190 I just finished and truthfully I wouldn't use them again.  They're a lot of work to get on (their 3 hours claim is off by a country mile) and they're tough to see once applied.

Posted on HGW Facebook page, good example of what can be done with their rivet sets, I believe the same technique was used here, going back over the rivets with a punch tool (MDC rivet maker) to obtain engraved flush rivets.

Kirk

• Like 1