The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

One other thing I love about LSM.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Is the apparent willingness to accept smaller scales of huge aircraft as legitimate LSMs.  My 1/48 B-36 is definitely a LARGE scale plane, as is my 1/72 An-22 and An-124. Both are the largest scales available for that particular subject,  and it’s awesome that they’re accepted.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Clunkmeister said:

And the Antei as well.  I have this corny belief.  I like to build the biggest model of any given subject. Except modern Russian jets. They’re too darn big for the 20of them has to do there...

Hmm...sounds like you are compensating for something... har har har...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Hey, I've got one as well! I also have the masters replica falcon. I like both but I can work on the DeAgostini Falcon and change the lighting set up etc.

45 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

We will see if my 1/43 scale DeAgostini Millenium Falcon pushes that definition! It’s 2x3 feet and weighs about 35lbs

Damn, all I've got is a pair of the  1/72 Bandai PG ones and the Fine Molds one to go with them. 

But I do have a 1/24 Viper MkII from BSG. Does that count?

Carl

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

If we're talking Russian/Soviet jets then I would go with the 1/48 scale guys, or HpH Mig-15 in case you're comfortable with resin. 

Agreed 100%. The 1/48 Russian modern jet kits are exquisite. Kitty Hawk, GWK, ICM, AMK, all have beautiful renderings in 1/48.

HPH makes an exquisite 1/32 Mug-15 and some stunning Russian airliners in 1/72. Not to mention a truly stunning 1/48 IL-28 Beagle. 

• Like 2

Ok, I am going to toss my hat in the ring...................... I like it, too,  as it is LS Modeller, which in my little mind opens the door, and if it gets closed, make sure my fingers are not in the way, but does it open the door for maybe 1/25 scale trucks and or cars? I build trucks too, and that is technically 'large scale' is there a place here for those possibly?

• Like 3

Done the Trumpy Mig-23MF and it's a decent build. Not perfect but with a bit of research you can work out the pitfalls and get on top of them. Over time I've found the landing gear sags a bit but I think that's more to do with the wacky design rather than the kit.

• Like 2