The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

GMC M-135 Deuce and a half

Clunkmeister

Looks like the one I drove at CFB Cold Lake in the '70's, and it was BRAND NEW, had NO miles on it and it was a 1956 model year.... Yes , I well remember these, the ride in the back wasn't quite as nice as the ride in the front, BIG 6 cyl gas pot automatic, regular drive on the left side of the shifter box, and 6x6 on the right side of the shifter box..... I do believe this is unique to Canada being the CMP,    " Only in Canada eh?................... Pity"    You have to be a certain age for that last line and maybe even be a Canadian.............. right Ernie??

• Like 2

Hi,

The only conversion kit I know of is an old (1970's?) Schmitt vacuform, they were from Germany, I have one and it took me a long time  to find it. However there are a couple of scratch builds on line, or there were at one time. Even with the conversion kit there is a ton of work to do. Not for the faint of heart.

Back in the day I got my 404's on the Deuce and half....

Regards,

Pete

• Like 4

Thanks for the welcome..I'm a lurker from a way back....someday I will post photos...

If I remember correctly the Revell "MASH" truck provides the starting point for the conversion, as it is a single tire tandem axle, which is what the old Duece is/was..then a bit of choppin', gluein' and some swearing and it might work.

I looked at conversion recently and thought that maybe the grill could be 3D printed or lasered, it it strikes me that would be the toughest part to get right...or for me it would.

It's a big job ...but you'll be the only kid on the block with one.

P

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/20/2018 at 8:39 PM, Peter Hickey said:

Hi,

The only conversion kit I know of is an old (1970's?) Schmitt vacuform, they were from Germany, I have one and it took me a long time  to find it. However there are a couple of scratch builds on line, or there were at one time. Even with the conversion kit there is a ton of work to do. Not for the faint of heart.

Back in the day I got my 404's on the Deuce and half....

Regards,

Pete

Schmitt Vac. Damn.... that brings back memories...

Welcome to the forum!!

• Like 1

Hey Vandy, no I'm afraid not, these trucks were CMP's, which is unique to Canada, as CMP is short for Canadian Military Pattern, and as I am an Air Force guy, and not a grunt, someone may know more than me, but I have never seen these in any other Military than ours, and they are old school now, our new Deuces are International or Navastar tandem trucks and they are huge..... so this would be a rather rare kit conversion I'd think....

• Like 1