The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

B-25J "Fatso"

Got my new fuselage in, and a fair amount of my aftermarket so far.  I've paid for my AMS props but I'm still waiting on confirmation of the order.  Now if I can steal some bench time I'll wrap up my P-47 and really get to work on this big bird.  I hope to have it ready for next summer's contest season, but I won't rush it either. 

20180930_171827.jpg

• Like 7

• Administrators
On 9/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, TJTX said:

I'm trying to not spend too much on this kit, yet that seems to be failing miserably.   I've now got another fuselage pair, decals, g-factor gear, brassin wheels, 15 model master barrels, and hopefully after hearing back from Harold his props coming. Ouch.

Tony, welcome to the world of HK models. They’re beautifully done on the outside, but give you the absolute bare minimum of extra details.

He good news is that the “bare canvas” rules apply, and you can make one show stopping model out of it with little work other than some AM and time.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Who Hooo, hold my horses :) ... everything is happening so fast here, you are making it look so easy Tony.  Good show Sir.

Cheers

Martin

I've actually had a few days off so I'm desperately trying to make progress but not rush either.   I've been very happy so far with HK's fit.

• Like 3