The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Stop the press!! New Wingnut Wings Lancaster on the way!

Clunkmeister

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

I totally agree, look how many Spitfires and Mustangs are out there from different manufacturers, I glanced at TOS and there is a melt down by some folks and I don't get why, there was not this outrage back when the two Mosquitoes were announced, or maybe I missed something...... personally I think it's great, I only wish I had the dosh and a place to put it...... but still who would have ever thought....... bust seriously, I don't see the need to berate Peter Jackson for his efforts..... and the HK kit will be there right along side doing just fine as the Mossie did along side the Tamiya MKVI...................

I actually picked up both the HK and Tamiya Mossies when they  first came out and did a double build of them side by side. It was fun seeing the different approaches the two companies took to their kits. 

IMG_20150819_192702-L.jpg

IMG_20151119_195957-L.jpg

Sadly it didn't last much past this photo.

6 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I am glad I have not pre-ordered the Lanc. No doubt, WNW will probably be released right about the $300 mark (+/-$50), so looking at the pics from the show on the HK Lanc, I will wait for Wingnut to release their around the same price. If you look for pics of the HK kit, you can see poor fit all around it. I think its fair that when you spend $200+ on a plastic model, it should actually fit together without filler and hobby room engineering. 

Having built their Mossie and currently working on a pair of their B-25s, I'd say that I'm confident the fit will be fine in production kits. I think I had almost next to no filler on the Mossie and there's barely any so far on my B-25s.

Carl

• Like 3

Sir Peter is my hero, I was very concerned about spending money on the HK Lanc and then being disappointed. Not sure why, probably read to many articles about fit etc etc.......So I am going to wait for the WnW, ok it will be more money but we only get one go at this life thing........also I can clear the stash a little as well.

Congrats to both HK and WnW, wait decades and then two roll around the corner.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, williamj said:

Evidently the kit has been in development for something like 8 years... sure it might have been prudent to announce some time ago (thinking of HK) 

But WNW is just like Tamiya..don't know what's coming until it's just about here and don't care what other companies are releasing..Except for this one occasion.    I believe WNW for the first time has let the cat out of the bag early, because they have invested heavily in time and money (which will show spectacularly in this kit) and would be very cognizant of lost sales to a competitor. It's just business,although it may seem unfair it was still the right thing to do. 

This was my response on the other site.  I do feel some semblance of sympathy for HK, but unfortunately there won't be any comparison.

And yes.. my spare change jar has WNW taped on it.

Listen guy's, what jennings has to say on other forums, to be honest, it don't bother us. So let him vent over there, we don't need to put much attention to it.

Regarding WNW's Lanc, well, i have my own thought about the coming release date, but hey, i'm not a bomber guy, i will never buy that thing, not a Lanc, not a B-17 or whatever. I'm just surprised that they announced a total other object of a total other area, and i'm surely hope this will not be the end of their W.W.1 line, although i am afraid it will becomes reality. 

Good news for any modeller. Getting upset isn't worth it. Keep that crap over there...

I have a HK Mossie I traded for a B 25 kit. The earlier pics showing the upper wing profile differences tells me why it was traded off. I'll never build it.

If this signals a move into WW2 for WNW then it also signals the quality , packaging , detail , etc  , that comes with their commitment.

All good and thank you WNW!

• Like 4

• Administrators

I should have the HKM test kit here this coming week, so I'll post some pics of the parts and some build stuff too.

Also can't wait to see the WNW iteration of this too.

Plenty of room for two manufacturers to release a Lanc.

• Like 6

Yup, I agree, and so what, if there is more than one, no need to have a melt down over any of that stuff... we are damn lucky to have ONE big bomber let alone the B 25, and it variants,  Mossie (2), B-17's, Lanc's and now the B 24...................  AND more than just one variant.... who'd have ever thought....... so I really don't get why some of the other guys are so upset, I for one, think this is the coolest thing ever, not sure I can have one for a variety of reasons, mostly will I ever get it built and where would I put it when done, but those are MY issues, and I am looking forward to seeing the kit(s) and watching what is going to be some epic builds ( JohnB are you still listening?? LOL, I'm trying buddy , I have your back :respect: ) so In my silly little brain, I think this is ALL good, and it makes the world go around..... I wonder what's next, Wimpy, C-47, DC-4-6-or 7???  We live in good model times for sure...... can't wait to see the pics James......

• Like 2

I saw HK was selling the "late" version of the B-17G at the Tokyo show which lead me to stop by the HK website to see what's up. This is the picture on their home page. I'm kinda thinking I will pick up a Hk Lanc to support them. Probably won't be able to resist WNW version to pic away at in a number of years, or sell to pay for my retirement. Did someone have HK Lanc on pre order in the states?

xHome_Banner-01.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Gblcxiq

• Like 3

Well said Jeff, I am super excited that we live at a time when we have all these fabulous kits arriving shortly......

Remeber the time when Monogram released their 48th B17........no internet for the detractors to whinge on then.......

Three cheers for HK, SH, HB, Tamiya and WnW and all the rest for giving us so much choice.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Well said Jeff, I am super excited that we live at a time when we have all these fabulous kits arriving shortly......

Remeber the time when Monogram released their 48th B17........no internet for the detractors to whinge on then.......

Three cheers for HK, SH, HB, Tamiya and WnW and all the rest for giving us so much choice.....

Absolutely, so I would say some one some where is listening...... yeah the Monogram B17 was a game changer at the time.... it was so cool to be the kid on the block with one.... it wasn't me though.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smitty44 said:

I saw HK was selling the "late" version of the B-17G at the Tokyo show which lead me to stop by the HK website to see what's up. This is the picture on their home page. I'm kinda thinking I will pick up a Hk Lanc to support them. Probably won't be able to resist WNW version to pic away at in a number of years, or sell to pay for my retirement. Did someone have HK Lanc on pre order in the states?

xHome_Banner-01.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Gblcxiq

I pre-ordered the HK Lancaster from Kitlinx. They had the best price I could find and more importantly, a reasonable shipping charge to Canada for what I anticipate to be a fairly large box. But absolutely the most important criteria was I had the funds at the time. 

For the WNW ones, it'll have to depend on the price and if I have the funds available at that time.

Carl

• Like 2