Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

airscale

1/18 P51C Mustang "Lopes Hope 3rd"

Peter

As always, just marvel at your briiliant work and a joy to follow

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 1

I don't know how I missed this as long as I did.  This is fantastic!!!  Maybe this build is so awesome it temporally blinded me.  This is where I would like to be someday....

• Like 1

evening folks :)

thanks for stopping by

so, it was time to move on to the floor..

..it seems there are two layers, one layer is the top of the wings with a zinc chromate jointing strip and the two fuel gauges as seen here...

WIP419_zpset7ngzle.jpg

..above this, sit all the real floor panels - when I did the PE I did each panel and then made one base panel by joining all these together and filling a few gaps to get one full panel as a basis of the floor...

,,seen here is the part - it actually has a slight bend in it as the floor slopes away down to the rudder pedals, you can also see the first folded panel that go on here and drop down to the wing skin..

WIP417_zpspgibx6vr.jpg

..all the folded floor parts were added, the wing skin & strip made from riveted litho and tubes added for where the fuel gauges go & it was all primed..

WIP418_zpsofvgxqro.jpg

..I added the fixing strips at the bottom of each panel where it meets the skin afterwards as separate bits - they were too complicated to try and fold in..

WIP420_zpsvsbqia4q.jpg

..painted and assembled.. you might just be able to see the fuel gauges...

WIP421_zpsuylaxy4l.jpg

..all the floor parts are wood so I stuck them to some marquetry ply -it's very thin & perfect for the job...

WIP422_zpslygiqlin.jpg

..then all the fixing holes were drilled out and lead wire threaded through...

WIP423_zpsfnpmbjtb.jpg

..soon all the panels were finished..

WIP424_zpsxmlacedq.jpg

..painted and with wear added where flying boots rub against the floor pounding the rudder pedals...

WIP425_zpsrt84xzc4.jpg

..also added the two controls by the fuel gauge holes - one says hot air & the other defroster so I assume they direct hot air from the engine (the red knobs need matt varnish yet..)...

WIP426_zpsmnqdlgti.jpg

..and mocked up in place...

WIP427_zpsmusqhfjq.jpg

WIP428_zpscmr3ozrk.jpg

WIP429_zpsnpq7eoou.jpg

..the cockpit pod is coming along and represents a lot of the effort in the model..

WIP430_zpsbckqselh.jpg

..control column next :)

TTFN

Peter

• Like 5

Lovely weathering on those floorboards! You’re outclassing yourself again...

• Like 1

Amazing attention to detail, with a little afterthought I might tell you the size of the pilots boots by the scratch marks :).

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Oh no! He did it again!:respect:

Peter, the space between the sides and the floor will these be covered by a false wing upper surface? Or will the sides fit onto the floor when

inserted into the airframe?

Cheers
Cees

• Like 1

Peter

After all these years, I'm still amazed at your incredible abilitirs and talent. The level of detail is brilliant; as always.

Keep 'e, comin

Peter