The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya next 32nd Release....

Dave J

Guest styrenedemon

That engine is going to be beautiful. I wonder if the wing fold is going to be static or functional? Can't wait for this one!

Guest styrenedemon

Time to make full beer cans into empty ones. Mama says that all the recycling money can go into my stash fund.

I'm on my way over to help out!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest styrenedemon

From Tamiya themselves: "The wings may be built in either closed or open position, but for those who are wondering...they're not movable."

That's a plus for me. Cuts out some cheesy engineering, but it also means I'll have to do two (different variants likely) so I can have the satisfaction of having a display of both options. 

• Members

coolio

wasn't "our" Mike going to be there?

what happened with that?

Nick,

Thursday and Friday are invitation only for members of the trade.  Unfortunately real life infringed on my trip to Shizuoka, my son dropped the "Hey Dad, I need $1200 for my last college tuition installment" bomb and I just received word that our illustrious Congress is proceeding with a furlough of federal employess so I'm going to have to suck up a 20% pay cut until the end of the fiscal year. 

I am waiting to see what the cost will be here in the states.

Mike

$93.00 at Hobby Link Japan. I know that's not the States but I don't think anyone will beat that even with shipping.

Paul

Guest styrenedemon

I don't know. Shipping from there to the US is usually around $40 for something of that size. It'll be close I think. Scalehobbyist will probably have the lowest US price as per usual and with their shipping I'm thinking maybe a $5-$10 difference. Not enough to make me wait for shipping from Asia.

I have placed an order for mine as well. I'm not terribly concerned about price or shipping charges. EVERYTHING almost doubles in price when you add in shipping all the way to Australia. It's a price we pay for the privilege of living "down under". SIGH!

I have the Spit, the Zero and the P-51 in this series, and am not all that excited by the Corsair, but I just recently sat through the "Black Sheep" TV series on DVD, and knowing the extra quality of these kits, I thought "Why not?"

Where did you order from Steve? I know about that shipping issue!

Wonder if it's worth doing a combined order from us Kiwi's then redistribute from here? Might save some pingas...